Hackney hammer Harrow to clinch Middlesex Development League title
- Credit: Archant
Hackney have been crowned champions of the Middlesex Development League after recording an eight-wicket victory over Harrow in the final at Twickenham CC.
Hackney captain Zabehulah Mohammad chose to bowl on an overcast morning, letting loose the powerful bowling attack that has swept away all in front of them this season.
However, Harrow’s openers made the most of a slow and sluggish pitch to score 50 without losing a wicket in the first five overs.
Hamsa Omar was introduced to the bowling attack and returned impressive figures of 5-30 in seven overs, leaving Harrow reeling on 115-8.
Having eventually made 160 from their 40 overs, Harrow set about Hackney’s opening batsmen Robert Chadwick and Scott Doody with real purpose but without making the early breakthrough.
You may also want to watch:
After cautiously scoring 25 off the first 10 overs, Doody opened his shoulders and a series of sumptuous drives and pulls followed as he neared his century.
Chadwick fell with the score on 105 and the dismissal of Mahammad Alikhail left the score on 126-2, but Doody and Hackney were not to be denied.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
Supported at the end by Abul Kasimnalla, Doody finished on 106 not out as Hackney won at a canter.