Hackney’s Jackman bags BBL Trophy with London City Royals
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s Orlan Jackman lifted the BBL Trophy with London City Royals after picking up a 90-82 overtime victory over rivals London Lions.
The 30-year-old started his BBL career with London Lions in 2012-13 before enjoying spells in Germany and Portugal, as well as back home with Worcester, Newcastle and Cheshire before joining the Royals for their inaugural season.
The Great Britain star has now helped his side bag their first piece of silverware at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow.
The Lions were 38-36 ahead at the halfway stage before the Royals fought back to lead 56-53 heading into the fourth period.
The Royals Ed Lucas was left loose to knock down the triple with six seconds left to make it 72-72 and take the game to overtime.
You may also want to watch:
They then hit eight unanswered points and eventually went on to win 90-82 in the first all-London final for 22 years.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors