Hackney’s Jackman bags BBL Trophy with London City Royals
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s Orlan Jackman lifted the BBL Trophy with London City Royals after picking up a 90-82 overtime victory over rivals London Lions.
The 30-year-old started his BBL career with London Lions in 2012-13 before enjoying spells in Germany and Portugal, as well as back home with Worcester, Newcastle and Cheshire before joining the Royals for their inaugural season.
The Great Britain star has now helped his side bag their first piece of silverware at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow.
The Lions were 38-36 ahead at the halfway stage before the Royals fought back to lead 56-53 heading into the fourth period.
The Royals Ed Lucas was left loose to knock down the triple with six seconds left to make it 72-72 and take the game to overtime.
You may also want to watch:
They then hit eight unanswered points and eventually went on to win 90-82 in the first all-London final for 22 years.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12