Hackney Jurassics enjoy Wembley occasion after FA People’s Cup success
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
The local team watched Saturday’s FA Cup final between Arsenal and Chelsea and captain Renee De La Cruz received their trophy on the pitch
Hackney Jurassics captain Renee De La Cruz received the FA People’s Cup on Saturday during the FA Cup final between Arsenal and Chelsea.
The local team won the veteran female category again earlier this month after doing so previously in 2016.
De La Cruz’s side defeated Armley 2-0 in the FA People’s Cup this year at Play Football Birmingham to retain the title.
And on Saturday the squad were present at Wembley to watch Arsenal beat Chelsea in a thrilling final.
You may also want to watch:
De La Cruz received the trophy from Gabby Logan and got the chance to grace the hallow Wembley turf.
It was another memorable occasion for Jurassics who are made up of women aged 35 and over.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
They have been playing in and around Hackney and Islington for a number of years and socialise in the Hemingford Arms.
After back-to-back success, Jurassics’ will look to make it a treble in the 2018 FA People’s Cup.
Team: Renee De La Cruz, Cristina Polania, Fran Cagetti, Vanessa Wilson, Naina Patel, Jackie Pidcock, Sharon Hopkins, Alice Twaite.