Hackney Jurassics enjoy Wembley occasion after FA People’s Cup success
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
The local team watched Saturday’s FA Cup final between Arsenal and Chelsea and captain Renee De La Cruz received their trophy on the pitch
Hackney Jurassics captain Renee De La Cruz received the FA People’s Cup on Saturday during the FA Cup final between Arsenal and Chelsea.
The local team won the veteran female category again earlier this month after doing so previously in 2016.
De La Cruz’s side defeated Armley 2-0 in the FA People’s Cup this year at Play Football Birmingham to retain the title.
And on Saturday the squad were present at Wembley to watch Arsenal beat Chelsea in a thrilling final.
You may also want to watch:
De La Cruz received the trophy from Gabby Logan and got the chance to grace the hallow Wembley turf.
It was another memorable occasion for Jurassics who are made up of women aged 35 and over.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
They have been playing in and around Hackney and Islington for a number of years and socialise in the Hemingford Arms.
After back-to-back success, Jurassics’ will look to make it a treble in the 2018 FA People’s Cup.
Team: Renee De La Cruz, Cristina Polania, Fran Cagetti, Vanessa Wilson, Naina Patel, Jackie Pidcock, Sharon Hopkins, Alice Twaite.