Hackney kick-boxer Michael Page set to make boxing debut
- Credit: Archant
Hackney’s Michael ‘Venom’ Page will be making his professional boxing debut at the Indigo O2 Arena next month.
The MMA (Bellator) star and 10-time World Kickboxing Champion will be looking to bring the same show-stopping style that fans loved in the cage to the boxing ring.
The fight has been organised by The Hayemaker Ringstar, which is run by two-weight World Boxing Champion, David Haye, and world-renowned promoter, Richard Schaefer.
“I love nothing more than to put on a show for the fight fans when I step into the sporting arena, but make no mistake making the crossover into professional boxing is no exhibition event,” Page said.
“I am looking to emulate the same success on the world stage in boxing as I have in MMA and kickboxing.
“I’ve proved my skill as a fighter and I’m ready to step into the boxing ring for the very first time on October 20th.”
The fight will be broadcast live on UKTV, the biggest multichannel broadcaster in the UK, for its entertainment channel Dave.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 7 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 8 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
Live coverage will start from 9pm on October, 20 as the partnership aims to satisfy Britain and Ireland’s appetite for free-to-view boxing.
David Haye said: “We’ve got an exciting line-up of emerging new stars, so the inaugural Hayemaker Ringstar Fight Night is set to be electric.
“The Hayemaker Ringstar stable is unique, with each fighter cherry-picked by myself and Richard (Schaefer) for their star quality inside, and outside the ring.
“The crowd are in for a thrilling night, we have a packed card, and I’m predicting some explosive knockouts.”
Also fighting on the night will be Olympic silver medallist, Heavyweight Joe Joyce, who will face former WBO Inter-Continental Champion Ian Lewison.
Current English Champion John O’Donnell will get in the ring with Tamuka Mucha.
Tickets are available now for all O2 priority members.
Presale tickets will go on sale from 9am tomorrow and general sale starts at 9am on Friday.
Tickets packages range from £40 to £250. The VIP package priced at £250 includes premium seating, VIP bar, complimentary food and drinks and a meet and greet with David Haye.