Hackney’s Lawrence looks to have another British title contender on his hands
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-based manager and trainer Brian Lawrence could another British champion on his hands in the form of Andre Sterling.
Lawrence had previously coached both Ian Napa and James Cook to British titles at bantamweight and super middleweight respectively.
In Sterling, Lawrence looks to have another contender on his hands with the 28-year-old having won all 10 of his fights since turning professional in April 2017.
Sterling’s most recent win came against light heavyweight rival Ricky Summers at The O2 on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Despite going down in the second, Sterling recovered to beat Summers on points in a fight that was an eliminator for the British title.
The 28-year-old will now go on to meet the winner of the bout between Joshua Buatsi and Liam Conroy, who meet for the vacant British title on March 23.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 9 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
And having already coached two men to British titles, Lawrence will hope to guide a third to national success later this year.