Hackney’s Lawrence looks to have another British title contender on his hands
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-based manager and trainer Brian Lawrence could another British champion on his hands in the form of Andre Sterling.
Lawrence had previously coached both Ian Napa and James Cook to British titles at bantamweight and super middleweight respectively.
In Sterling, Lawrence looks to have another contender on his hands with the 28-year-old having won all 10 of his fights since turning professional in April 2017.
Sterling’s most recent win came against light heavyweight rival Ricky Summers at The O2 on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Despite going down in the second, Sterling recovered to beat Summers on points in a fight that was an eliminator for the British title.
The 28-year-old will now go on to meet the winner of the bout between Joshua Buatsi and Liam Conroy, who meet for the vacant British title on March 23.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
And having already coached two men to British titles, Lawrence will hope to guide a third to national success later this year.