Hackney’s Lawrence looks to have another British title contender on his hands
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-based manager and trainer Brian Lawrence could another British champion on his hands in the form of Andre Sterling.
Lawrence had previously coached both Ian Napa and James Cook to British titles at bantamweight and super middleweight respectively.
In Sterling, Lawrence looks to have another contender on his hands with the 28-year-old having won all 10 of his fights since turning professional in April 2017.
Sterling’s most recent win came against light heavyweight rival Ricky Summers at The O2 on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Despite going down in the second, Sterling recovered to beat Summers on points in a fight that was an eliminator for the British title.
The 28-year-old will now go on to meet the winner of the bout between Joshua Buatsi and Liam Conroy, who meet for the vacant British title on March 23.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
And having already coached two men to British titles, Lawrence will hope to guide a third to national success later this year.