Hackney’s Lawrence looks to have another British title contender on his hands
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-based manager and trainer Brian Lawrence could another British champion on his hands in the form of Andre Sterling.
Lawrence had previously coached both Ian Napa and James Cook to British titles at bantamweight and super middleweight respectively.
In Sterling, Lawrence looks to have another contender on his hands with the 28-year-old having won all 10 of his fights since turning professional in April 2017.
Sterling’s most recent win came against light heavyweight rival Ricky Summers at The O2 on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Despite going down in the second, Sterling recovered to beat Summers on points in a fight that was an eliminator for the British title.
The 28-year-old will now go on to meet the winner of the bout between Joshua Buatsi and Liam Conroy, who meet for the vacant British title on March 23.
- 1 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 2 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
And having already coached two men to British titles, Lawrence will hope to guide a third to national success later this year.