Hackney & Leyton League: Phoenix stay top with comfortable win
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Title holders Phoenix maintained top spot in the Premier Division with a 3-0 win over Tottenham Phoenix thanks to Haim Essuighi’s strike and goals from Jamie Killingback and Anthony Clarke.
Red Devils suffered a 3-2 defeat against Mustard FC after Adonis Olloli’s double was cancelled out by strikes from Aaron Serieux, Gary Silva and Diego Dennis, while goals from Maks Voskin and R Zelenin earned Niva-Unistream a 2-0 win over RL United.
In Division One, Emrah Coskungonel smashed in four as Dynamics FC edged out Homerton Rangers 5-4, with Mirhan Coskungonel completing the scoring.
Highfield slumped to their second successive loss, having previously been beaten by FC Polit, as Dean Richards’ solitary strike gave Newcresse a 1-0 win.
Charlie Wells scored four as Shakespeare brushed basement boys Hackney FC aside in a 7-2 win alongside further strikes from Sacha Prigg, Troy Deering and Terry Butler, while Rornew Benford and Myfil Mayard replied for the strugglers.
You may also want to watch:
A brace from Russell Hughes and one from Jerriel Da Silva was not enough to see off Wounded Knee, as two goals from Gary Moore and J Iyglal’s strike earned them a 3-3 draw.
Jay Cubed extended their lead at the top of Division Two to three points after only five games as Jack Taylor earned his side a 1-0 win over Athletico Angels.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
Football Club 22 earned their first point of the season and moved off the foot off the table as Anton Belgrave’s strike earned them a 1-1 draw with Azzuri 1, with Phil Tutl equalising.
Aaron Johnson and Dwain Sharrow earned Forest Athletic a 2-0 win over Angel & Crown.
Chems Eddine Babaslimane gave NLMFC a first-half lead as his side searched for their first win of the season, but Raymond Richardson replied for Walthamstow Village and Joshua Parr’s double earned his side a 3-1 win.
In Division Three, Birkbeck Orient kept their place at the top of the table with a 5-1 stroll over Regent’s Park Rovers, while Bocca Albion recorded their first win of the season, 3-2 against Woodford.
Wenlock Arms thumped Delta Athletic 7-3, and Walthamstow picked up their first points in style with a 7-5 win over Florist Arms.
Leyton Orient Fans Trust subjected Bow Badgers to their fifth consecutive league defeat in Division Four in a 9-0 hammering.
Wojak Sunday held onto top spot thanks to a 4-2 win over Leyton Manor, and Eastway Olympia edged out Maynell FC 3-2, while Boston Celtic beat Prince FC 4-2.