Hackney & Leyton Sunday Football League: Danny Bird wings it for El Valiente against Mile End
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Latest news from the local football league at the Hackney Marshes where goals flew in left, right and centre!
A Danny Bird brace inspired El Valiente to a 4-1 win over Mile End in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday Football League Premier Division last weekend.
Theo Ola replied for Mile End, but further goals from Aaron Marston and Ash Marston earned Valiente a comprehensive victory.
FC Bartlett defeated Tottenham Phoenix 2-1 with goals from Bruno Gomes and Temi Tope cancelling out Jesse Antonio’s effort.
Birkbeck Orient produced a thrilling contest on Sunday with Hacquenye in Division One, but it was Orient who triumphed 7-5.
Glory Bello and Carlos Thomas both netted a double for the visitors with Mandy Ekundayo, Liam Headley and Messiah Goinma on target.
Murat Even Ganigagli, Yasin Ozen, Firat Pirpudak (2) and Ozan Cuce found the net for Hacquenye, but it couldn’t prevent them suffering a defeat.
- 1 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 2 Hackney strip bar could lose license after breaching Covid rules
- 3 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 4 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 5 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 6 Hackney mum and brain tumour patient to walk for charity dressed as duck
- 7 'Nail-biting situation': Hundreds of Homerton's staff at risk of dismissal over Covid vaccines
- 8 More details emerge on antisemitic attack in Stamford Hill
- 9 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 10 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
Efforts from Paul Rattigan and Leigh Hartley helped the Boston Celtics defeat the Challengers 2-0.
Ola Oladimeji scored the only goal of the game between Delta Athletic and Bocca Albion, as Athletic triumphed 1-0 in Division Two.
A brace from Hason Harley helped Jay Cubed see off Borough United 4-2 with Justin Leonce and Simon Marson also on target.
Vinny Murphy’s double for Borough United didn’t count for much in the end, while Kentish Albion drew 3-3 with Mac United.
There were even more goals between Walthamstow Red and Wenlock Arms with the former winning 6-2.
Qasim Zaidi was in top form as he scored four times alongside Hudhayfa Ashraf and Abd Arfan Ahmed to inspire Red to success.
Harry Smyth and Lee Gray goals for Wenlock Arms failed to earn them any points.
In Division Three, Caledonian Park beat South London (2-1), while Eastside drew with Clapham Phoenix in a hard fought 1-1 draw.
Doesn’t FC thrashed the Gladestone Wanderers 5-1 with Waltham Forest United also handing FC BKT a big defeat, as they won 7-2.
The pick of the results in Division Four was Fish Island beating Quinine 4-0, while Bow Badgers defeated Birkbeck Orient B 2-0 as well.