Hackney & Leyton Sunday Football League: Danny Bird wings it for El Valiente against Mile End
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Latest news from the local football league at the Hackney Marshes where goals flew in left, right and centre!
A Danny Bird brace inspired El Valiente to a 4-1 win over Mile End in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday Football League Premier Division last weekend.
Theo Ola replied for Mile End, but further goals from Aaron Marston and Ash Marston earned Valiente a comprehensive victory.
FC Bartlett defeated Tottenham Phoenix 2-1 with goals from Bruno Gomes and Temi Tope cancelling out Jesse Antonio’s effort.
Birkbeck Orient produced a thrilling contest on Sunday with Hacquenye in Division One, but it was Orient who triumphed 7-5.
You may also want to watch:
Glory Bello and Carlos Thomas both netted a double for the visitors with Mandy Ekundayo, Liam Headley and Messiah Goinma on target.
Murat Even Ganigagli, Yasin Ozen, Firat Pirpudak (2) and Ozan Cuce found the net for Hacquenye, but it couldn’t prevent them suffering a defeat.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
Efforts from Paul Rattigan and Leigh Hartley helped the Boston Celtics defeat the Challengers 2-0.
Ola Oladimeji scored the only goal of the game between Delta Athletic and Bocca Albion, as Athletic triumphed 1-0 in Division Two.
A brace from Hason Harley helped Jay Cubed see off Borough United 4-2 with Justin Leonce and Simon Marson also on target.
Vinny Murphy’s double for Borough United didn’t count for much in the end, while Kentish Albion drew 3-3 with Mac United.
There were even more goals between Walthamstow Red and Wenlock Arms with the former winning 6-2.
Qasim Zaidi was in top form as he scored four times alongside Hudhayfa Ashraf and Abd Arfan Ahmed to inspire Red to success.
Harry Smyth and Lee Gray goals for Wenlock Arms failed to earn them any points.
In Division Three, Caledonian Park beat South London (2-1), while Eastside drew with Clapham Phoenix in a hard fought 1-1 draw.
Doesn’t FC thrashed the Gladestone Wanderers 5-1 with Waltham Forest United also handing FC BKT a big defeat, as they won 7-2.
The pick of the results in Division Four was Fish Island beating Quinine 4-0, while Bow Badgers defeated Birkbeck Orient B 2-0 as well.