Hackney & leyton sunday football round-up: mustard are too hot to handle

THIRD DIVISION leaders Mustard FC advanced to round three of the Jack Walpole Cup after a dramatic penalty shoot-out win over First Division Adam & Eve.

Goals from Jordan Harvey and Lee Spence were cancelled out by Greig MacDogall and George Green, as Mustard forced the game into extra-time.

Michael Carling looked to have sealed the upset, until an own goal sent the tie to penalties, but Mustard were not to be denied, as they triumphed in the shoot-out 4-3.

Last season’s runners up, Cosmopolitan Athletic & Social Club were humbled 6-2 by Albion Manor.

Two goals apiece for Rickey Edwards and Darren Whelan set Albion on their way, with Lee Wilbourne and John Claire also on target.

Cosmo hit back through Sherwin Stanley and Nathan Allen, but it was not enough to prevent them from crashing out.

Premier Division side FC Metwin survived an early scare to see off Division One leaders Hackney Borough 6-3.

Most Read

Borough took an early lead through Lee Vega, but were soon pegged back as Metwin raced into a 3-1 half-time lead.

James Smith proved to be Metwin’s hero on the day, netting four times while Alan Eames and Daniel Crocket completed the scoring.

Shane Joseph and Femi Akinsola registered consolations for Borough.

First Division FC Polit shocked their Premiership opponents Red Devils, with a 1-0 win courtesy of Johnny Tama.

Warren Hackney advanced with a 7-3 thrashing of Bristow City.

Two goals apiece from Luke Trimm and Jack Todorov, put Hackney in control as Ross Enshane, Sam Dee and Daine Grimes completed the scoring.

A brace from Ricky Manmore helped Wenlock Arms book their place in round three, as they beat East London 3-1.

Lee Southcott struck the third goal for the Second Division side, with Jag Phull on target for fourth division East London.

Alpha Grove edged out Jay Cubed 2-1 in an all-Second Division clash.

Deon Johnson was on target for Jay, but Ricky Stewart and Kane Malone proved to be the match winners.

Premier Division Mile End survived a scare against Highams Park Rangers from Division Four, before eventually winning 5-3.

A brace from Jamie Morris put Mile End in front, but Rangers hit back to level the scores at half time. Second half strikes from Jack Hicks, Abdi and Chris Leon sent Mile End through.

A hat-trick from Bashkim Salmani helped Delta thrash Midfield 7-0, with James Robson, Stuart Farren, Kamal Kabour and Danny Colley also on the scoresheet.

Chapel Old Boys booked their place in round three with a 3-1 win over Shakespeare thanks to two goals from Joe Seabrook and a third from Christian Swith. Dave Walker hit back for Shakespeare.

Two goals apiece from Sebastian Darlea and Ionut Coropoeanu helped Real Romania beat AFC Knights 4-0, while Comets were awarded a walkover after opponents Azzuri One failed to fulfill the fixture.

Black Meteors moved to the top of the Premier Division with a 5-0 win over Army & Navy. Mutala Mohammed and Enoch Boateng both scored twice and Bright Debrah added a fifth, meanwhile Woodgrange Rovers climbed to second having been awarded the points after opponents Independiente London failed to fulfill the fixture.

In Division One a late winner from Dwayne Sharon helped Embassy Snooker to a 3-2 win over Wounded Knee, with Simsa Welch and Aaron Johnson also on target for Embassy.

In Division Two Tottenham Phoenix moved three points clear at the top of the table with a 3-1 over Athletico Angels.

A double from Kiren Smith and a goal from Jerome Anglin were enough to give Tottenham the points, with Erfan Djagmi on target for Angels.

Regents Park Rovers climbed from sixth to third in Division Three with a 4-2 win over Cock Tavern.

Goals from T Nwezei and J Lottrie were cancelled out by Dominic Weiss, Stuart Taggart, Jeris-Jorn Girnerval and Pablo Romero-Prosco as Rovers took the points.

Elsewhere, Florist Arms edged out Shoreditch Fire Penguins with a 1-0 win courtesy of Jake Helm.

It was honours even in the Division Four top of the table clash between leaders Eastway Olympia and fourth placed Birkbeck Orient.

It finished 2-2 after James Connor and John Moore’s goals for Eastway were cancelled out by an own goal and a strike from Marcus Young.

Walthamstow Village were humbled 3-2 away at Haggerston Nomads, with Raymond Richardson scoring twice for Village.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter