Yarde to defend WBO inter-continental strap in March
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney light heavyweight Anthony Yarde will defend his WBO inter-continental against Mehdi Amar at the Leicester Arena on February 23.
The 27-year-old is due to take part on a busy Frank Warren card that will be screened live on BT Sport.
The fight will be Yarde’s first of 2019 having not fought since stopping Walter Gabriel Sequeira of Argentina in October last year.
As well as his WBO inter-continental strap, Yarde will also be putting his unbeaten record on the line against Amar.
You may also want to watch:
The 27-year-old has won all 17 of his bouts since turning professional in May 2015, with 16 of those successes coming by way of knockout.
By contrast, French rival Amar has lost six of his 43 bout in the paid ranks, though did win his last bout in October.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
However, Yarde should have more than enough in his armoury to beat the 36-year-old and keep hold of his WBO inter-continental belt as he looks to line up some big fights this year.