Yarde to defend WBO inter-continental strap in March
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney light heavyweight Anthony Yarde will defend his WBO inter-continental against Mehdi Amar at the Leicester Arena on February 23.
The 27-year-old is due to take part on a busy Frank Warren card that will be screened live on BT Sport.
The fight will be Yarde’s first of 2019 having not fought since stopping Walter Gabriel Sequeira of Argentina in October last year.
As well as his WBO inter-continental strap, Yarde will also be putting his unbeaten record on the line against Amar.
You may also want to watch:
The 27-year-old has won all 17 of his bouts since turning professional in May 2015, with 16 of those successes coming by way of knockout.
By contrast, French rival Amar has lost six of his 43 bout in the paid ranks, though did win his last bout in October.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 8 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 9 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
However, Yarde should have more than enough in his armoury to beat the 36-year-old and keep hold of his WBO inter-continental belt as he looks to line up some big fights this year.