Yarde to defend WBO inter-continental strap in March
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney light heavyweight Anthony Yarde will defend his WBO inter-continental against Mehdi Amar at the Leicester Arena on February 23.
The 27-year-old is due to take part on a busy Frank Warren card that will be screened live on BT Sport.
The fight will be Yarde’s first of 2019 having not fought since stopping Walter Gabriel Sequeira of Argentina in October last year.
As well as his WBO inter-continental strap, Yarde will also be putting his unbeaten record on the line against Amar.
You may also want to watch:
The 27-year-old has won all 17 of his bouts since turning professional in May 2015, with 16 of those successes coming by way of knockout.
By contrast, French rival Amar has lost six of his 43 bout in the paid ranks, though did win his last bout in October.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 6 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 7 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 8 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
However, Yarde should have more than enough in his armoury to beat the 36-year-old and keep hold of his WBO inter-continental belt as he looks to line up some big fights this year.