Hackney’s Lungu ready to become national champion
- Credit: Archant
Light welterweight faces Bartley rival Hannah Shield in final on Saturday
Hackney light welterweight Oriance Lungu will fight in the final of the England Boxing National Championships in Liverpool this weekend.
Representing Haringey Police, Lungu will face Bartley rival Hannah Shield in the final on Saturday.
Lungu reached the final after defeat Katie Flynn of No Limits by unanimous decision in the previous round in Nottingham last weekend.
Lungu will hope she can triumph again this weekend as she aims to add another title to her honour roll.
You may also want to watch:
The light welterweight should be well supported in Liverpool, with club colleague Amy Andrews also competing in a final.
Featherweight Andrews reached the final of her group after beating Wellington foe Jade Pearce by a unanimous decision in the last four.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Andrews will now meet Raven Chapman of Arena BC in the final with both of the Haringey Police hopes aiming to become national champions this weekend and return from Liverpool with titles to show.