Hackney’s Lungu ready to become national champion
- Credit: Archant
Light welterweight faces Bartley rival Hannah Shield in final on Saturday
Hackney light welterweight Oriance Lungu will fight in the final of the England Boxing National Championships in Liverpool this weekend.
Representing Haringey Police, Lungu will face Bartley rival Hannah Shield in the final on Saturday.
Lungu reached the final after defeat Katie Flynn of No Limits by unanimous decision in the previous round in Nottingham last weekend.
Lungu will hope she can triumph again this weekend as she aims to add another title to her honour roll.
You may also want to watch:
The light welterweight should be well supported in Liverpool, with club colleague Amy Andrews also competing in a final.
Featherweight Andrews reached the final of her group after beating Wellington foe Jade Pearce by a unanimous decision in the last four.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
Andrews will now meet Raven Chapman of Arena BC in the final with both of the Haringey Police hopes aiming to become national champions this weekend and return from Liverpool with titles to show.