Hackney’s Lungu ready to become national champion
- Credit: Archant
Light welterweight faces Bartley rival Hannah Shield in final on Saturday
Hackney light welterweight Oriance Lungu will fight in the final of the England Boxing National Championships in Liverpool this weekend.
Representing Haringey Police, Lungu will face Bartley rival Hannah Shield in the final on Saturday.
Lungu reached the final after defeat Katie Flynn of No Limits by unanimous decision in the previous round in Nottingham last weekend.
Lungu will hope she can triumph again this weekend as she aims to add another title to her honour roll.
You may also want to watch:
The light welterweight should be well supported in Liverpool, with club colleague Amy Andrews also competing in a final.
Featherweight Andrews reached the final of her group after beating Wellington foe Jade Pearce by a unanimous decision in the last four.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
Andrews will now meet Raven Chapman of Arena BC in the final with both of the Haringey Police hopes aiming to become national champions this weekend and return from Liverpool with titles to show.