Hackney Pan-Disability Cricket Team given chance to volunteer at World Cup
- Credit: Archant
Six members of the Hackney Pan-Disability Cricket Team experienced Cricket World Cup fever as they got to volunteer at Lords for the England v Australia clash.
Supervised by Alan Walsh and Gary Horsman, who run and coach No Limits, the Hackney Disability cricket project, the volunteers were part of the spectator service team guiding supporters to their destinations and facilities and also working to encourage participation in the fan zone.
Mr Horsman said: "They all really got stuck In to their tasks with relish - with a far greater enthusiasm and aptitude than expected.
"I think taking them outside of their routine domestic and social environments was a revelation for them."
"It was a great experience for them them all."
You may also want to watch:
No Limits, Hackney Disability Cricket Team is supported by Young Hackney, Lords Taverners and Middlesex Cricket Board.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers