Hackney brothers reach national quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney brothers Ram and Amo Singh are gearing up for quarter-finals in the National Association of Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs Championships later this month.
The talented siblings are both in the last eight of their respective weight categories after some impressive displays in 2018.
Amo progressed to the national quarter-finals after being awarded a walkover win, but Ram had to take to the ring to make it through.
Ram took on Bodyshots rival Billy Harper in the London final and was able to record a unanimous victory.
You may also want to watch:
The Bridge Academy student kept it long in the first couple of rounds and utilised his jab well, before resisting a response from Harper in the final round.
After the win, Ram said: “I’d like to thank Miss Jones and all the staff at Bridge Academy for being very supportive.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 3 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 6 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
The Singh brothers will hope for more success when they step into the ring for their respective quarter-final bouts on November 18.