Hackney brothers reach national quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney brothers Ram and Amo Singh are gearing up for quarter-finals in the National Association of Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs Championships later this month.
The talented siblings are both in the last eight of their respective weight categories after some impressive displays in 2018.
Amo progressed to the national quarter-finals after being awarded a walkover win, but Ram had to take to the ring to make it through.
Ram took on Bodyshots rival Billy Harper in the London final and was able to record a unanimous victory.
You may also want to watch:
The Bridge Academy student kept it long in the first couple of rounds and utilised his jab well, before resisting a response from Harper in the final round.
After the win, Ram said: “I’d like to thank Miss Jones and all the staff at Bridge Academy for being very supportive.”
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
The Singh brothers will hope for more success when they step into the ring for their respective quarter-final bouts on November 18.