Hackney brothers reach national quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney brothers Ram and Amo Singh are gearing up for quarter-finals in the National Association of Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs Championships later this month.
The talented siblings are both in the last eight of their respective weight categories after some impressive displays in 2018.
Amo progressed to the national quarter-finals after being awarded a walkover win, but Ram had to take to the ring to make it through.
Ram took on Bodyshots rival Billy Harper in the London final and was able to record a unanimous victory.
You may also want to watch:
The Bridge Academy student kept it long in the first couple of rounds and utilised his jab well, before resisting a response from Harper in the final round.
After the win, Ram said: “I’d like to thank Miss Jones and all the staff at Bridge Academy for being very supportive.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
The Singh brothers will hope for more success when they step into the ring for their respective quarter-final bouts on November 18.