Hackney Super5League helps launch England kits for Women’s World Cup
- Credit: Archant
Special event took place at Chelsea FC’s Stamford Bridge last week
The Hackney Super5League ventured off patch last week to take part in a special event at Stamford Bridge, the home of Chelsea FC.
The Super5League were asked to host a special cup competition for their sides at the Bridge to help Nike launch the new England kits for this summer's Women's World Cup in France.
Twelve teams from the Super5League took part in the cup competition, with MSA & Frenford and Whippets progressing to the final.
To help launch the new kits, the finalists donned the strips that England will be wearing at this summer's World Cup for the showpiece game.
You may also want to watch:
In the end, it was MSA & Frenford, who sported the red away kit, who triumphed 2-0 over Whippets, who wore the traditional England white home shirt.
The event itself was certainly a memorable one for all involved with the Super5League, especially to be involved in such a high-profile kit launch at an iconic ground.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors