Hackney Super5League helps launch England kits for Women’s World Cup
- Credit: Archant
Special event took place at Chelsea FC’s Stamford Bridge last week
The Hackney Super5League ventured off patch last week to take part in a special event at Stamford Bridge, the home of Chelsea FC.
The Super5League were asked to host a special cup competition for their sides at the Bridge to help Nike launch the new England kits for this summer's Women's World Cup in France.
Twelve teams from the Super5League took part in the cup competition, with MSA & Frenford and Whippets progressing to the final.
To help launch the new kits, the finalists donned the strips that England will be wearing at this summer's World Cup for the showpiece game.
You may also want to watch:
In the end, it was MSA & Frenford, who sported the red away kit, who triumphed 2-0 over Whippets, who wore the traditional England white home shirt.
The event itself was certainly a memorable one for all involved with the Super5League, especially to be involved in such a high-profile kit launch at an iconic ground.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week