Hackney Super5League helps launch England kits for Women’s World Cup
- Credit: Archant
Special event took place at Chelsea FC’s Stamford Bridge last week
The Hackney Super5League ventured off patch last week to take part in a special event at Stamford Bridge, the home of Chelsea FC.
The Super5League were asked to host a special cup competition for their sides at the Bridge to help Nike launch the new England kits for this summer's Women's World Cup in France.
Twelve teams from the Super5League took part in the cup competition, with MSA & Frenford and Whippets progressing to the final.
To help launch the new kits, the finalists donned the strips that England will be wearing at this summer's World Cup for the showpiece game.
You may also want to watch:
In the end, it was MSA & Frenford, who sported the red away kit, who triumphed 2-0 over Whippets, who wore the traditional England white home shirt.
The event itself was certainly a memorable one for all involved with the Super5League, especially to be involved in such a high-profile kit launch at an iconic ground.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney