Hackney trio in action at York Hall show
- Credit: Philip Sharkey/TGSPHOTO
Former Crown & Manor amateur star Matthew Chanda will box on Steve Goodwin’s show at York Hall on Saturday night.
Chanda, 28, won two national novice titles, four London titles and a gold medal at the Haringey Box Cup when fighting for the Hoxton-based amateur club and is unbeaten in his three professional bouts.
His opponent in Bethnal Green will be Ricky Leach, who has drawn one and lost three of his four fights in the paid ranks.
Joining Chanda is Homerton’s Larry ‘The Natural’ Ekundayo, who will top the bill although his opponent is yet to be confirmed.
Ekundayo boxed for Haringey Police as an amateur, when he won the London elite welterweight title. After just two professional fights he took part in the Prizefighter tournament in 2012, which he went on to win beating Terry Carruthers, Kris Carslaw and Craig McEwan in the one night to secure the crown.
You may also want to watch:
In his last outing Ekundayo beat Dale Evans in their British welterweight title eliminator.
Stoke Newington heavyweight Larry Olubamiwo is also on the show. The former Repton amateur will face Watford’s David Abraham.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
Pedro ABC in Rushmore Road, Clapton, are holding their annual show on Saturday, with doors opening at 11.30am for the weigh-in and the action starting at 2pm.
Club stars Ryan Loukeman, John Ajayi and Celal Ozturk will be taking part.
The matchmaker for the show is Jason Ball from West Ham ABC, who will have some of his club’s boxers appearing on the show.
Tickets are available on the door, priced at £10 (adults) and £3 (15 and under).