Hackney Wick hoping for better fortunes against Enfield
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Wick are set to travel to Enfield as they look to try clawing back some points and get themselves off the foot of the Essex Senior League table this weekend.
Wick are expected to go to the Harlow Arena on Saturday (3pm) depending on the snowy conditions across the country.
Bobby Kassanga’s men currently sit bottom of the table and are 10 points behind Wadham Lodge their nearest rivals.
The east London-based club will be hoping they can get the game played after being out of action for more than a week since their last match against Southend Manor was abandoned at The Old Spotted Dog.
The match was called off after just four minutes when visiting player Ellis Skidmore suffered a serious looking leg injury.
You may also want to watch:
Skidmore has since undergone surgery and is now starting his recovery with no tendon damage.
Hackney have 11 games left and look set for relegation.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed