Hackney Wick ‘unlucky’ says Kasanga
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Wick owner Bobby Kasanga rued the team’s missed chances as they lost to 2-1 at Ilford in the Essex Senior League on Saturday.
Wick took the lead at Cricklefield Stadium on Saturday, but the home side levelled in the second half thanks to Liam Whipps and claimed a last-minute winner through substitute Jamie Hart.
That made it five defeats in a row for bottom club Wick but Kasanga felt they were hard done by.
He said: “I thought we were unlucky, the first half was even but we went 1-0 up and then got a second goal which was disallowed, as the referee was overruled by the linesman.
“We had three glorious chances at 1-1 to win the match, we had one-on-one chances. If you’re not taking your chances then they will go on the other side and score.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s similar to what happened on Tuesday night against Sporting Bengal (in the cup) where we conceded in the last minute, it’s disappointing.”
Wick are set to host nearest rivals Enfield at the Old Spotted Dog on Wednesday and Kasanga is trying to remain positive about their chances of pulling away from the foot of the table.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 8 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Feeling more upbeat about their performances in the last couple of games, he added: “It’s encouraging because the new manager has come in.
“The last couple of games we were losing by heavy scorelines and not even scoring, losing 7-0 and we weren’t creating chances.
“Now, we are creating chances and it’s getting closer.”