Hackney Wick win bottom of the table clash against Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Wick cruised to a comfortable 4-0 win in a bottom of the table clash against Burnham Ramblers.
The east London outfit were inspired by a hat-trick from their latest Hassan Nalbant, who has joined the club from local rivals Clapton, at the Old Spotted Dog last night.
The Wickers have moved up to 18th place in the Essex Senior League, while the Ramblers sit second from bottom in 20th position.
It didn’t take long for the hosts to get off the mark as Nalbant was put through on goal from the half-way line and managed to slot his home past keeper Joshua Strizovic.
Shortly after Burnham failed to deal with a corner and it was turned in by Nalbant for his second of the evening.
You may also want to watch:
They kept pressing hard and Jordy Ndjeka had a shot blocked, but the rebound fell to Jeffrey Idemudia, who smashed it into the back of net to take a 3-0 lead into the half-time break.
Nalbant sealed his hat-trick in the second-half as he tapped home from close range before team-mate Ibrahim Camara received a red card in the dying stages.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Hackney Wick: Adomah, Camara, Galvez Gil, Mpalampa, Nalbant, Ndjeka, Nicholson, Olu, Rebeschini, Yeboah, Idemudia.
Subs: Abdellaziz, Bastel, Djop.