Hackney Wick win bottom of the table clash against Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Wick cruised to a comfortable 4-0 win in a bottom of the table clash against Burnham Ramblers.
The east London outfit were inspired by a hat-trick from their latest Hassan Nalbant, who has joined the club from local rivals Clapton, at the Old Spotted Dog last night.
The Wickers have moved up to 18th place in the Essex Senior League, while the Ramblers sit second from bottom in 20th position.
It didn’t take long for the hosts to get off the mark as Nalbant was put through on goal from the half-way line and managed to slot his home past keeper Joshua Strizovic.
Shortly after Burnham failed to deal with a corner and it was turned in by Nalbant for his second of the evening.
You may also want to watch:
They kept pressing hard and Jordy Ndjeka had a shot blocked, but the rebound fell to Jeffrey Idemudia, who smashed it into the back of net to take a 3-0 lead into the half-time break.
Nalbant sealed his hat-trick in the second-half as he tapped home from close range before team-mate Ibrahim Camara received a red card in the dying stages.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 5 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
Hackney Wick: Adomah, Camara, Galvez Gil, Mpalampa, Nalbant, Ndjeka, Nicholson, Olu, Rebeschini, Yeboah, Idemudia.
Subs: Abdellaziz, Bastel, Djop.