Hackney Wick win bottom of the table clash against Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Wick cruised to a comfortable 4-0 win in a bottom of the table clash against Burnham Ramblers.
The east London outfit were inspired by a hat-trick from their latest Hassan Nalbant, who has joined the club from local rivals Clapton, at the Old Spotted Dog last night.
The Wickers have moved up to 18th place in the Essex Senior League, while the Ramblers sit second from bottom in 20th position.
It didn’t take long for the hosts to get off the mark as Nalbant was put through on goal from the half-way line and managed to slot his home past keeper Joshua Strizovic.
Shortly after Burnham failed to deal with a corner and it was turned in by Nalbant for his second of the evening.
You may also want to watch:
They kept pressing hard and Jordy Ndjeka had a shot blocked, but the rebound fell to Jeffrey Idemudia, who smashed it into the back of net to take a 3-0 lead into the half-time break.
Nalbant sealed his hat-trick in the second-half as he tapped home from close range before team-mate Ibrahim Camara received a red card in the dying stages.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Hackney Wick: Adomah, Camara, Galvez Gil, Mpalampa, Nalbant, Ndjeka, Nicholson, Olu, Rebeschini, Yeboah, Idemudia.
Subs: Abdellaziz, Bastel, Djop.