Hackney Wick win bottom of the table clash against Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Wick cruised to a comfortable 4-0 win in a bottom of the table clash against Burnham Ramblers.
The east London outfit were inspired by a hat-trick from their latest Hassan Nalbant, who has joined the club from local rivals Clapton, at the Old Spotted Dog last night.
The Wickers have moved up to 18th place in the Essex Senior League, while the Ramblers sit second from bottom in 20th position.
It didn’t take long for the hosts to get off the mark as Nalbant was put through on goal from the half-way line and managed to slot his home past keeper Joshua Strizovic.
Shortly after Burnham failed to deal with a corner and it was turned in by Nalbant for his second of the evening.
They kept pressing hard and Jordy Ndjeka had a shot blocked, but the rebound fell to Jeffrey Idemudia, who smashed it into the back of net to take a 3-0 lead into the half-time break.
Nalbant sealed his hat-trick in the second-half as he tapped home from close range before team-mate Ibrahim Camara received a red card in the dying stages.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 4 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
Hackney Wick: Adomah, Camara, Galvez Gil, Mpalampa, Nalbant, Ndjeka, Nicholson, Olu, Rebeschini, Yeboah, Idemudia.
Subs: Abdellaziz, Bastel, Djop.