Hackney youngster Singh through to national quarter-final after convincing win
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hackney’s Amo Singh became the new National Association of Boys and Girls Clubs London Class D 56kg champion on Sunday.
Competing at the Roundhouse in Dagenham, Repton Boxing Club's Singh outfought Finchley Boxing Club's F Storey in the final to win on a unanimous decision.
He is now through to the national quarter-final which takes place at the same venue in two weeks time.
Elsewhere, three Hackney boxers will take part in different events at York Hall this month.
Unbeaten super-bantamweight Frank Arnold will fight Jose Aguilar on the undercard of a Southern Area Super-Lightweight Title fight between Daniel Egbunike and Billy Allington on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The following Saturday, lightweight Jeffrey Ofori will face a selected opponent, having won all of his nine fights so far.
Then on Friday, November 22, Ohara Davies will compete in the Goldern Contract Tournament.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers