Hackney youngster Singh through to national quarter-final after convincing win
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hackney’s Amo Singh became the new National Association of Boys and Girls Clubs London Class D 56kg champion on Sunday.
Competing at the Roundhouse in Dagenham, Repton Boxing Club's Singh outfought Finchley Boxing Club's F Storey in the final to win on a unanimous decision.
He is now through to the national quarter-final which takes place at the same venue in two weeks time.
Elsewhere, three Hackney boxers will take part in different events at York Hall this month.
Unbeaten super-bantamweight Frank Arnold will fight Jose Aguilar on the undercard of a Southern Area Super-Lightweight Title fight between Daniel Egbunike and Billy Allington on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The following Saturday, lightweight Jeffrey Ofori will face a selected opponent, having won all of his nine fights so far.
Then on Friday, November 22, Ohara Davies will compete in the Goldern Contract Tournament.
- 1 Man's face lacerated in Lower Clapton stabbing
- 2 Hackney 'rising star' nominated for BAFTA
- 3 Alleged organiser of illegal Hackney music event faces £10,000 fine
- 4 'Largest cannabis farm we've ever seen,' say Homerton police
- 5 Baby Edward: Police confirm biological mother was found
- 6 Hackney runner marking eight years since losing his dad to Prostate Cancer with charity run
- 7 Swimmers in Hackney and Islington raise money to save their club
- 8 Speaker sets up walk to support Hackney Foodbank after demand surges
- 9 'So many characters': Lockdown portraits on display
- 10 Facebook bans breastfeeding campaign ads starring Hackney mum