Hackney youngster Singh through to national quarter-final after convincing win
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hackney’s Amo Singh became the new National Association of Boys and Girls Clubs London Class D 56kg champion on Sunday.
Competing at the Roundhouse in Dagenham, Repton Boxing Club's Singh outfought Finchley Boxing Club's F Storey in the final to win on a unanimous decision.
He is now through to the national quarter-final which takes place at the same venue in two weeks time.
Elsewhere, three Hackney boxers will take part in different events at York Hall this month.
Unbeaten super-bantamweight Frank Arnold will fight Jose Aguilar on the undercard of a Southern Area Super-Lightweight Title fight between Daniel Egbunike and Billy Allington on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The following Saturday, lightweight Jeffrey Ofori will face a selected opponent, having won all of his nine fights so far.
Then on Friday, November 22, Ohara Davies will compete in the Goldern Contract Tournament.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 4 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 5 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 6 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing