Hackney youngster Singh through to national quarter-final after convincing win
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hackney’s Amo Singh became the new National Association of Boys and Girls Clubs London Class D 56kg champion on Sunday.
Competing at the Roundhouse in Dagenham, Repton Boxing Club's Singh outfought Finchley Boxing Club's F Storey in the final to win on a unanimous decision.
He is now through to the national quarter-final which takes place at the same venue in two weeks time.
Elsewhere, three Hackney boxers will take part in different events at York Hall this month.
Unbeaten super-bantamweight Frank Arnold will fight Jose Aguilar on the undercard of a Southern Area Super-Lightweight Title fight between Daniel Egbunike and Billy Allington on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The following Saturday, lightweight Jeffrey Ofori will face a selected opponent, having won all of his nine fights so far.
Then on Friday, November 22, Ohara Davies will compete in the Goldern Contract Tournament.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world