Hackney youngster Singh beaten in London final
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney teenager Amo Singh suffered defeat in the final of the flyweight division of the London Elite Championships.
Singh took on Islington rival Connor Daly in the final, but was beaten by split decision.
Representing Repton, Singh was slightly better in the early exchanges and used a stiff left jab to keep the fight at a distance.
However, Daly began to close down Singh and that saw the bout move in favour of the Islington youngster.
You may also want to watch:
In the end, Singh was unfortunate to lose on a split decision and miss out on adding to the London titles he had won previously at junior and youth level.
One Hackney boxer who is through to the national quarter-finals, though, is Oriance Lungu.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
A former ABA of England national champion, the Haringey Police amateur will hope to keep progressing in the 64kg division as she looks to add another title to her list later this year.
It is set to be an exciting time for Lungu.