Hackney youngster Singh beaten in London final
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney teenager Amo Singh suffered defeat in the final of the flyweight division of the London Elite Championships.
Singh took on Islington rival Connor Daly in the final, but was beaten by split decision.
Representing Repton, Singh was slightly better in the early exchanges and used a stiff left jab to keep the fight at a distance.
However, Daly began to close down Singh and that saw the bout move in favour of the Islington youngster.
You may also want to watch:
In the end, Singh was unfortunate to lose on a split decision and miss out on adding to the London titles he had won previously at junior and youth level.
One Hackney boxer who is through to the national quarter-finals, though, is Oriance Lungu.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
A former ABA of England national champion, the Haringey Police amateur will hope to keep progressing in the 64kg division as she looks to add another title to her list later this year.
It is set to be an exciting time for Lungu.