Hackney youngster Singh beaten in London final
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney teenager Amo Singh suffered defeat in the final of the flyweight division of the London Elite Championships.
Singh took on Islington rival Connor Daly in the final, but was beaten by split decision.
Representing Repton, Singh was slightly better in the early exchanges and used a stiff left jab to keep the fight at a distance.
However, Daly began to close down Singh and that saw the bout move in favour of the Islington youngster.
You may also want to watch:
In the end, Singh was unfortunate to lose on a split decision and miss out on adding to the London titles he had won previously at junior and youth level.
One Hackney boxer who is through to the national quarter-finals, though, is Oriance Lungu.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
A former ABA of England national champion, the Haringey Police amateur will hope to keep progressing in the 64kg division as she looks to add another title to her list later this year.
It is set to be an exciting time for Lungu.