Hackney youngster Singh beaten in London final
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney teenager Amo Singh suffered defeat in the final of the flyweight division of the London Elite Championships.
Singh took on Islington rival Connor Daly in the final, but was beaten by split decision.
Representing Repton, Singh was slightly better in the early exchanges and used a stiff left jab to keep the fight at a distance.
However, Daly began to close down Singh and that saw the bout move in favour of the Islington youngster.
You may also want to watch:
In the end, Singh was unfortunate to lose on a split decision and miss out on adding to the London titles he had won previously at junior and youth level.
One Hackney boxer who is through to the national quarter-finals, though, is Oriance Lungu.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
A former ABA of England national champion, the Haringey Police amateur will hope to keep progressing in the 64kg division as she looks to add another title to her list later this year.
It is set to be an exciting time for Lungu.