Half-time: West ham 0 Manchester City 1
Hammers trail at the break
West Ham find themselves 1-0 down at the break after Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure gave his side the lead.
The powerful midfielder powered home from the edge of the box after half an hour, as City putting in an impressive first half showing.
The hosts struggled to create chances and could have been two behind had Pablo Barrera not cleared a Mario Balotelli header off the line.
West Ham made four changes from the defeat at Sunderland with Barrera, Junior Stanislas, Frederic Piquionne and Julien Faubert coming into the side as boss Avram Grant opted to play 4-4-2.
You may also want to watch:
City began impressively and should have taken the lead but Barotelli completely missed the ball when well-placed after just four minutes.
Stanislas hit a tame effort which was easily saved by Joe Hart before Toure’s goal gave the visitors the lead.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
Gareth Barry mid-hit pass fell tto the former Barcelona player and he lashed home from the edge of the box with a powerful strike.
The Hammers best effort came from Scott Parker whose decent effort from just outside the area went just wide.
West Ham: Green, Faubert, Tomkins, Upson, Ben Haim, Barrera, Spector, Parker, Stanislas, Piquionne, Obinna.
Subs: Stech, Reid, Dyer, Cole, Boa Morte, Kovac, Hines.
Follow our updates on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers