Heatley hat-trick gives champions Mile End a winning start to league campaign
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Charlie Heatley hit a hat-trick as Mile End began the defence of their Hackney & Leyton League title with a 5-1 win over last year’s Division One champions El Valiente.
Alfred Kamara and Rashid Kamara were also on target for Mile End to seal the Premier Division points, with Aaron Marston scoring for Valiente.
Daniel Londono netted both goals as newly-formed London United Sports beat FC Niva 2-1, with Oleg Yurkevych replying.
Miles Creevy registered a treble for Birkbeck Orient as they kicked off with a 6-3 victory against Bristow City in Division One.
Dan Pereira scored twice, with Ross Kerwood and Carlos Thomas also on the mark. Sam Beggis Rolfe, Jordan Smith and Andy Brown were the City scorers.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Ratigan and substitute Kacpar Niedzielski grabbed the goals as Boston Celtic overcame Division Two newcomers Hackney Wednesday, with Martin Davies replying.
Corey Samuels and Louis Alleyne put Hacimac two up in the first half against Jay Cubed – but they were pegged back to a 2-2 draw courtesy of Jason Fixon and Ricky Bartle.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
Dwane Marson, Malcolm Warren and Tony Watts scored for Tommy Flynn in their 3-3 draw with Delta, who had Ahmed Demeji and a Bailey Morgan brace to thank for their point.
An injury-time winner from Dan Smith denied Caledonian Park a point in Division Three as they went down 4-3 to South London Sharks.
Smith and Chris Breen, with a double, had given the Sharks a three-goal lead before Daniel Little’s hat-trick seemed to have secured a share of the spoils for Caledonian Park.
ELE edged out Wojak Sunday 5-4, with Jesse Joseph scoring twice and Mithurn Raj, Jaransit Pa and Prathev Ravi also on target. Brothers Oneale and Jason Rowe grabbed two apiece for Wojak.
Edward Moore’s hat-trick highlighted Bocca Albion’s championship credentials as they swept aside FC BKT 5-1. Tim Lineman and Joe Lodge also found the net, with Ibrahim Bihari pulling one back for BKT.
Adam Wood opened the scoring for Waltham Forest United against Wenlock Arms A, but Bobby Stokes equalised 10 minutes from time.
In Division Four, Ricky Hanmore’s treble and a Liam Greenaway strike earned Bethune a 4-3 success against Birkbeck Orient B.
Patrick Cawley’s own goal gave Boundary East a 3-2 victory against Caledonian Park 2. Cawley and Marcus Youngsam had earlier cancelled out goals from Greg Double and Marcio Ceccarelli for Boundary.
Eastside Allstars marked their league debut with a 7-0 drubbing of Bow Badgers, while Jordan Langford and Jack Stanley both netted doubles for Eastway Olympia in their 6-4 win over Football Club 22.
Goals from Karl O’Flaherty, Luke Sherrell and JP Eyles earned Wenlock Arms B a 3-0 win over Deane FC.