Heslop leads home Harriers
Victoria Park Harriers continue winter season with club championships 3.5mile race
Tom Heslop continued his super start to the Victoria Park Harriers winter season, with victory in Saturday’s second club championships 3.5mile race.
The 23-year-old crossed the line in an impressive 18 minutes 11 seconds – more than a minute clear of the field.
Connor Johnston (19.24), Simeon Bennett (19.39) and Robert Birchley (19.59) all finished inside 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, 41-year-old Gary Bagnall was the fastest veteran finisher – in 20.01 – and placed fifth overall.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine McLaughlin was the fastest female finisher in 23.08 and claimed 15th spot overall.
The full results: Tom Heslop (18.11), Connor Johnston (19.24), Simeon Bennett (19.39), Rob Birchley (19.59), Gary Bagnall (20.01), Neil Cook (20.02), Duncan Anderson (20.17), Rob Pitkethly (20.25), Will Hall-Smith (21.33), Andy Hutson (21.33), George Clancy (21.59), Jakob Villumson (22.35), Declan Phelan (22.38), Joe Feltham (23.06), Catherine McLaughlin (23.08), Mandy Dohren (23.19), Terence Curran (23.56), Brian Scott (24.16), Faye Jeacocke (24.44), Naomi Bourne (24.53), William Cooper (25.58), David Shortridge (26.33), Martin Evans (26.37), Chris Brammer (27.01), Alexander Lewis (27.04), Philippa Cockman (27.28), Frank Merrigan (27.37), Harriet Riley (27.47), Joe Wood (27.47), Ebolum Mordi (28.15), Brenda Puech (28.55), Mary Murphy (29.21), Susan Leese (32.40), Amman Sarang (38.08), Gemma Dunlop (DNF), Laura Morgan (DNF).
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction