Singh Gozra’s career goes from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
Homerton teenager looks like being a star of the future
Homerton teenager Dilan Singh Gozra continues to enjoy a blossoming career in the amateur ranks.
The 14-year-old was most recently in action on a show in Harrow on October 26 and was able to triumph by unanimous decision.
It was the latest success for the City Academy student, who currently trains with the Repton club in Bethnal Green.
After his most recent success, Singh-Gozra said: “I’d like to thank all of the coaches who work with me at the Repton club. God is the greatest.”
You may also want to watch:
The 14-year-old will hope to continue his success when he next steps into the ring, with the 32.5kg hope looking for another bout before the year is out.
Singh-Gozra’s father Lakhbir added: “Myself and Dilan’s mother are very proud of his achievements in boxing. I’d also like to thank everyone who has supported Dilan.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
It seems the young Singh-Gozra could well be a boxing star in the making.