Katie McCabe wins Arsenal player of the season award
- Credit: PA
Katie McCabe has won Arsenal's player of the season award for 2020-21 after another fine season in north London.
The Republic of Ireland captain was voted as the winner by the Gunners faithful ahead of Vivianne Miedema who finished second and Leah Williamson in third.
McCabe collected the most votes topping to poll with 48 per cent of the votes cast showing how popular she is with the Arsenal supporters.
The Left-back claimed 13 assists in all competitions throughout the season including 11 in the Women's Super League as the Gunners secured Champions League qualification.
In May her fine form was rewarded as McCabe penned a new contract at the Gunners and she was also named in the Women's Super League team of the season for 2020-21.
You may also want to watch:
McCabe has helped the club win the Women's FA Cup in 2016, the League Cup in 2018 and the 2018-19 WSL title.
During the campaign the 25 year old also scored five goals including a stunning free-kick in the 6-1 north London derby victory at home to Tottenham Hotspur.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 8 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 9 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 10 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
Only one player in the Women's Super League created more chances than McCabe last season and that was Manchester City winger Chloe Kelly.