Hackney boxer Lawrence Okolie to defend world title on Joshua undercard
- Credit: PA
Hackney's boxing world champion Lawrence Okolie will defend his WBO cruiserweight world title for the first time fighting on the undercard of Anthony Joshua against Oleksandr Usyk.
Joshua will defend his WBA, IBF and WBO world heavyweight titles at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on September 25.
Fellow Brit Okolie (16-0, 13 KOs) will be part of the build-up, as he puts his World Title on the line for the first time against his mandatory challenger Dilan Prasovic (15-0, 12 KOs) following his crushing sixth round stoppage of Krzysztof Glowacki at The SSE Arena, Wembley back in March.
By winning a World Title in just his sixteenth fight, the unbeaten 28-year-old from Hackney nicknamed ‘The Sauce’ emulated fellow Brits Tony Bellew, David Haye, Enzo Maccarinelli, Johnny Nelson and Carl Thompson who all previously held world crowns in the 200lb class.
Callum Smith will take on Lenin Castillo, while Ricky Hatton's son Campbell will meet Spain's Izan Dura.
You may also want to watch:
Florian Marku will challenge Maxim Prodan for the IBF international welterweight title, while middleweight Christopher Ousley will fight Russia's Khasan Baysangurov for the WBA intercontinental title.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 3 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries