Lea Valley FC - a community club
LEA Valley FC, the community club from the Clapton area, have embarked on their first season in the biggest football league in the world! That s the claim of the Amateur Football Combination and Lea Valley have joined that competition this season to play
LEA Valley FC, the community club from the Clapton area, have embarked on their first season in the biggest football league in the world!
That's the claim of the Amateur Football Combination and Lea Valley have joined that competition this season to play in its Division 7 North.
Formed exactly two years ago as an adult football club, Lea Valley initially played Sunday football in the Mercedes Benz sponsored Asian Football League, but have now widened their net to include players of all backgrounds and ethnicity.
"The only colour that matters to us is the colour of our shirts,'' says the club's Melvin Sullivan.
You may also want to watch:
The Clapton club have successfully applied for and been granted Charter Standard status by the Football Association.
Lea Valley also run a successful under 14s youth side who are currently second in their division in the Cheshunt Youth League and say that they hope to add further youth teams in the future and will include a women's team in their ranks from next season.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12