Lea Valley FC - a community club
LEA Valley FC, the community club from the Clapton area, have embarked on their first season in the biggest football league in the world! That s the claim of the Amateur Football Combination and Lea Valley have joined that competition this season to play
LEA Valley FC, the community club from the Clapton area, have embarked on their first season in the biggest football league in the world!
That's the claim of the Amateur Football Combination and Lea Valley have joined that competition this season to play in its Division 7 North.
Formed exactly two years ago as an adult football club, Lea Valley initially played Sunday football in the Mercedes Benz sponsored Asian Football League, but have now widened their net to include players of all backgrounds and ethnicity.
"The only colour that matters to us is the colour of our shirts,'' says the club's Melvin Sullivan.
You may also want to watch:
The Clapton club have successfully applied for and been granted Charter Standard status by the Football Association.
Lea Valley also run a successful under 14s youth side who are currently second in their division in the Cheshunt Youth League and say that they hope to add further youth teams in the future and will include a women's team in their ranks from next season.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 6 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 7 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant