League leaders prove they can cut the Mustard
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Goals from Vincent Williams and Isaac Fletcher secured a 2-0 victory for Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division leaders FC Bartlett in their game against Mustard FC.
Williams put Bartlett ahead and Fletcher added a second goal after the break to extend his side’s lead at the top of the table to four points.
Dwayne Sharron’s double set Forest Athletic on their way to a 7-4 win over Azzuri 1 in Division Two.
Bradley O’Donovan was also among the scorers for Forest, while Harry Smyth netted twice for Azzuri in an entertaining clash that belied the poor weather conditions.
Daniel Colley grabbed a hat-trick for Delta Athletic as they climbed to fifth place in Division Three with a 9-1 thrashing of Wenlock Arms.
You may also want to watch:
Gianpaulo Floris scored twice, with Stuart Farren, Mark Gaelea, Niall McHale and Mark Hennessey also on target for Delta. Karl O’Flaherty netted Wenlock’s consolation goal.
Peter Moncur’s double helped FC Haggerston to move up to fourth spot in Division Four with a 4-2 triumph over Prince of Bow.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Marvin Williams was also among the Haggerston scorers, while Alfie Andrews and John Curtis replied for Prince.
Meanwhile, Phoenix FC bowed out of the London FA Sunday Challenge Cup after a closely-contested 1-0 defeat by holders Apoel FC of the Kopa League.