League leaders prove they can cut the Mustard
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Goals from Vincent Williams and Isaac Fletcher secured a 2-0 victory for Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division leaders FC Bartlett in their game against Mustard FC.
Williams put Bartlett ahead and Fletcher added a second goal after the break to extend his side’s lead at the top of the table to four points.
Dwayne Sharron’s double set Forest Athletic on their way to a 7-4 win over Azzuri 1 in Division Two.
Bradley O’Donovan was also among the scorers for Forest, while Harry Smyth netted twice for Azzuri in an entertaining clash that belied the poor weather conditions.
Daniel Colley grabbed a hat-trick for Delta Athletic as they climbed to fifth place in Division Three with a 9-1 thrashing of Wenlock Arms.
Gianpaulo Floris scored twice, with Stuart Farren, Mark Gaelea, Niall McHale and Mark Hennessey also on target for Delta. Karl O’Flaherty netted Wenlock’s consolation goal.
Peter Moncur’s double helped FC Haggerston to move up to fourth spot in Division Four with a 4-2 triumph over Prince of Bow.
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
Marvin Williams was also among the Haggerston scorers, while Alfie Andrews and John Curtis replied for Prince.
Meanwhile, Phoenix FC bowed out of the London FA Sunday Challenge Cup after a closely-contested 1-0 defeat by holders Apoel FC of the Kopa League.