Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient goalkeeper Sam Sargeant could be heading out on loan once again after falling down the pecking order at the club.
The 24-year-old, who has been in and around the O’s first-team since 2014, has found game time hard to come by over the years.
Young Rhys Byrne has been handed the opportunity to feature in the Papa John’s Trophy where he has picked up four clean sheets from four starts while also being named on the bench each week in the league.
Sargeant however spent a brief spell on loan at National League side Barnet where he featured 10 times and was named in the team of the week on a few occasions.
But his time may at the club may now be up in order for him to progress his career as he is currently the third choice.
“We’ve reversed it, the top two have been Lawrence Vigouroux and Rhys Byrne, they’ve worked all the games,” manager Kenny Jackett said.
“For Sam we’ve tried to get him loans where we can and work with the other two, that’s been the plan so far. He has had 10 games with Barnet so far and we’re looking for other avenues.
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 3 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 4 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
“He has been number two here for quite a while and he’s 24-years-old now.”