Leyton Orient set to sign Millwall youngster Alex Mitchell
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Leyton Orient are set to announce the loan signing of Millwall defender Alex Mitchell.
The 19-year-old centre-back made his senior debut for the Lions in their EFL Cup win over Cambridge United on Tuesday.
Millwall manager Gary Rowett wants Mitchell to play regular football to aid his development.
The teenager shone during a loan at Bromley at the end of last season, helping Andy Woodman’s side reach the National League play-offs.
It will provide the O's with extra cover at the back, especially with Adam Thompson still recovering from injury, and Dan Happe more recently picking an injury up.
You may also want to watch:
Leyton Orient manager Kenny Jackett is keen to strengthen his squad ahead of the transfer window slamming shut.
“We want to be as strong as possible, generally we’re looking at our bench, although we have injuries to come back.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 4 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 8 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 9 Hackney lawyer's death inspires fundraising blitz for domestic abuse victims
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
"You will always have injuries, but I would like to strengthen the side if possible.”