Leyton Orient sign experienced midfielder Darren Pratley
- Credit: Leyton Orient Football Club
Leyton Orient have secured the services of experienced midfielder Darren Pratley.
Barking-born Pratley has arrived on a one-year deal following the expiry of his contract at Charlton Athletic.
With an option of a second year based on appearances, the 36-year-old is eager to get going: "I’m delighted. This is a massive club in the division. It’s a local club to me and I’m happy to be here.”
The first signing of new manager Kenny Jackett, Pratley explains his special relationship with the gaffer: "Kenny signed me 15-years ago at Swansea, when I was 21. It was a no brainer."
From the manager's standpoint, the acquisition feels a shrewd one: “He has got good leaderships skills, not least by being a good player. He is a good athlete.
You may also want to watch:
"I think he will help us to dominate the midfield. He has experience and leadership and it’s a very good signing for us.”
As a show of belief in his first signing, Jackett has appointed Pratley - who boasts over 500 professional appearances - as club captain.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney student's urine project could see her crowned UK Young Scientist of the Year
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 7 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 8 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 9 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets