Orient striker Danny Johnson reportedly set to sign for Mansfield Town
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Leyton Orient striker Danny Johnson is reportedly set to sign for League Two rivals Mansfield Town.
The 28-year-old, who was the O’s top goal scorer last season, has opted to go elsewhere following the expiration of his contract.
Johnson found the net 20 times for Orient last term with 17 of them in the league.
The forward has had spells at Middlesbrough and Hartlepool United during his youth days before a short spell in Spain with Real Murica.
A return to England saw Johnson find the back of the net nine times in 21 appearances for Billingham Synthonia.
You may also want to watch:
In the 2013/14 season he scored 51 goals in 48 games for non-league Guisborough Town, securing a move to Championship side Cardiff.
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was in charge of the Bluebirds at the time and immediately sent the forward out on loan to Tranmere Rovers, where Johnson made his professional football debut, in a 0-0 draw against Mansfield Town.
- 1 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 4 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 5 Hackney student's urine project could see her crowned UK Young Scientist of the Year
- 6 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 8 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 9 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 10 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
A second short loan with Stevenage followed before the forward sealed a deal with Gateshead.
Johnson enjoyed his football at the National League side, hitting double figures in three consecutive seasons.
The forward played against Orient in his time at the Heed and found the net on multiple occasions.
Scotland would be his next location, firstly with Motherwell in the SPL and next for Dundee FC.
Johnson then joined Orient in January 2020 and has been with the club for the past 18 months.