Orient striker Danny Johnson reportedly set to sign for Mansfield Town
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Leyton Orient striker Danny Johnson is reportedly set to sign for League Two rivals Mansfield Town.
The 28-year-old, who was the O’s top goal scorer last season, has opted to go elsewhere following the expiration of his contract.
Johnson found the net 20 times for Orient last term with 17 of them in the league.
The forward has had spells at Middlesbrough and Hartlepool United during his youth days before a short spell in Spain with Real Murica.
A return to England saw Johnson find the back of the net nine times in 21 appearances for Billingham Synthonia.
You may also want to watch:
In the 2013/14 season he scored 51 goals in 48 games for non-league Guisborough Town, securing a move to Championship side Cardiff.
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was in charge of the Bluebirds at the time and immediately sent the forward out on loan to Tranmere Rovers, where Johnson made his professional football debut, in a 0-0 draw against Mansfield Town.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
A second short loan with Stevenage followed before the forward sealed a deal with Gateshead.
Johnson enjoyed his football at the National League side, hitting double figures in three consecutive seasons.
The forward played against Orient in his time at the Heed and found the net on multiple occasions.
Scotland would be his next location, firstly with Motherwell in the SPL and next for Dundee FC.
Johnson then joined Orient in January 2020 and has been with the club for the past 18 months.