Ofori beats Fash to maintain perfect record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney lightweight Jeffrey Ofori earned a seventh straight win in the pro ranks by beating Luke Fash at York Hall on Saturday.
The 28-year-old had been due to face Hamo Aperjan, but the Czech boxer withdrew from the bout with Fash stepping in as his replacement.
Ofori had his opponent on the back foot from the start, making good use of his stiff left jab and catching Fash with rights over the top.
In round three, Ofori began to unload and hit his rival with plenty of powerful blows, but Fash somehow managed to stay on his feet.
You may also want to watch:
However, with the 28-year-old continuing to dominate in the fourth, referee Lee Every intervened to bring an end to the bout.
Ofori can look forward to a swift return to the ring when he looks to claim his first strap when challenging Jumanne Camero for the Southern Area title on September 15.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
The fight for the Southern Area belt will take place on a Mickey Helliet show at York Hall.