Ofori beats Fash to maintain perfect record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney lightweight Jeffrey Ofori earned a seventh straight win in the pro ranks by beating Luke Fash at York Hall on Saturday.
The 28-year-old had been due to face Hamo Aperjan, but the Czech boxer withdrew from the bout with Fash stepping in as his replacement.
Ofori had his opponent on the back foot from the start, making good use of his stiff left jab and catching Fash with rights over the top.
In round three, Ofori began to unload and hit his rival with plenty of powerful blows, but Fash somehow managed to stay on his feet.
You may also want to watch:
However, with the 28-year-old continuing to dominate in the fourth, referee Lee Every intervened to bring an end to the bout.
Ofori can look forward to a swift return to the ring when he looks to claim his first strap when challenging Jumanne Camero for the Southern Area title on September 15.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
The fight for the Southern Area belt will take place on a Mickey Helliet show at York Hall.