Ofori beats Fash to maintain perfect record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney lightweight Jeffrey Ofori earned a seventh straight win in the pro ranks by beating Luke Fash at York Hall on Saturday.
The 28-year-old had been due to face Hamo Aperjan, but the Czech boxer withdrew from the bout with Fash stepping in as his replacement.
Ofori had his opponent on the back foot from the start, making good use of his stiff left jab and catching Fash with rights over the top.
In round three, Ofori began to unload and hit his rival with plenty of powerful blows, but Fash somehow managed to stay on his feet.
You may also want to watch:
However, with the 28-year-old continuing to dominate in the fourth, referee Lee Every intervened to bring an end to the bout.
Ofori can look forward to a swift return to the ring when he looks to claim his first strap when challenging Jumanne Camero for the Southern Area title on September 15.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Hackney NHS staff celebrated for 'work beyond the call of duty'
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 10 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
The fight for the Southern Area belt will take place on a Mickey Helliet show at York Hall.