Ofori beats Fash to maintain perfect record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney lightweight Jeffrey Ofori earned a seventh straight win in the pro ranks by beating Luke Fash at York Hall on Saturday.
The 28-year-old had been due to face Hamo Aperjan, but the Czech boxer withdrew from the bout with Fash stepping in as his replacement.
Ofori had his opponent on the back foot from the start, making good use of his stiff left jab and catching Fash with rights over the top.
In round three, Ofori began to unload and hit his rival with plenty of powerful blows, but Fash somehow managed to stay on his feet.
You may also want to watch:
However, with the 28-year-old continuing to dominate in the fourth, referee Lee Every intervened to bring an end to the bout.
Ofori can look forward to a swift return to the ring when he looks to claim his first strap when challenging Jumanne Camero for the Southern Area title on September 15.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
The fight for the Southern Area belt will take place on a Mickey Helliet show at York Hall.