Lion ABC fighter clinches place in London final
- Credit: Archant
Lion ABC’s Louis Isaacs is through to the London final in the England Youth Championships after outpointing Billy Joe Foster (West Ham).
Isaacs took a unanimous decision in the North East London Class A Under-60kg final, which was switched to the TA Centre at Grove Park, south London.
The Lion boxer seized control from the start, slamming a series of left and right hooks to head and body as his opponent took a standing eight count in the opening round.
Foster then tried to trade punches, but Isaacs, who won the NABC London championship in October, maintained the pressure and did enough to secure the victory.
Having gained a walkover in the London semi-final, Isaacs will now take on Jack Rowan (Fitzroy Lodge) – who overcame South Norwood’s Keenan Morrison – at a Bodyshots ABC show in Dartford on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“I have boxed Rowan before in the London Schools and hold a win over him,” Isaacs told the Gazette. “Now I’ve got to make sure I can do it again.”
Lion ABC are holding their first open show of the season on Friday night at their headquarters in Pitfield Street, Hoxton, with a total of 18 bouts scheduled.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
National novices champion Zac Farrugia and London Schools champion Krishan Singh are among the boxers in action.
Tickets are available on the door, priced at £10 (adults) or £5 (15 and under).