Lion star Louis seals place in the last eight
- Credit: Archant
Lion ABC teenager Louis Isaacs reached the last eight of the England Youth Championships after dispatching Ryan Ayton with a perfect performance on Sunday.
The 16-year-old defeated Ayton, from Centurion ABC, on a unanimous points decision in their pre-quarter-final Class A Under-60kg contest at Earlsfield.
Both boxers were happy to occupy the centre of the ring and trade blows, but it was Isaacs who forced his opponent back on the ropes with a series of body punches.
In the second round, Isaacs unleashed a barrage of hard left and right hooks to both head and body, and maintained his superiority through to the final bell.
The Lion boxer now faces Southern Counties champion Lee Miles from St Mary’s ABC, Chatham, in Sunday’s quarter-final at Harlow Greyhound Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
n Lion ABC’s national novices champion Zac Farrugia heads the bill at the club’s open show on Friday in Pitfield Street, Hoxton.
London Schools’ champion Krishan Singh is also in action, along with Billy Underwood, Frankie Arnold and Frankie Farmer.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Boxing starts at 7.30pm, with tickets available at £10 (adults) and £5 (under-15s).
Haithem Laamouz will not be featuring as he is included in the London North East team to face Danish opposition in Copenhagen this weekend, alongside Lion coach Julian Borg.