Lion star Louis seals place in the last eight
- Credit: Archant
Lion ABC teenager Louis Isaacs reached the last eight of the England Youth Championships after dispatching Ryan Ayton with a perfect performance on Sunday.
The 16-year-old defeated Ayton, from Centurion ABC, on a unanimous points decision in their pre-quarter-final Class A Under-60kg contest at Earlsfield.
Both boxers were happy to occupy the centre of the ring and trade blows, but it was Isaacs who forced his opponent back on the ropes with a series of body punches.
In the second round, Isaacs unleashed a barrage of hard left and right hooks to both head and body, and maintained his superiority through to the final bell.
The Lion boxer now faces Southern Counties champion Lee Miles from St Mary’s ABC, Chatham, in Sunday’s quarter-final at Harlow Greyhound Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
n Lion ABC’s national novices champion Zac Farrugia heads the bill at the club’s open show on Friday in Pitfield Street, Hoxton.
London Schools’ champion Krishan Singh is also in action, along with Billy Underwood, Frankie Arnold and Frankie Farmer.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 10 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
Boxing starts at 7.30pm, with tickets available at £10 (adults) and £5 (under-15s).
Haithem Laamouz will not be featuring as he is included in the London North East team to face Danish opposition in Copenhagen this weekend, alongside Lion coach Julian Borg.