Lion star Louis seals place in the last eight
- Credit: Archant
Lion ABC teenager Louis Isaacs reached the last eight of the England Youth Championships after dispatching Ryan Ayton with a perfect performance on Sunday.
The 16-year-old defeated Ayton, from Centurion ABC, on a unanimous points decision in their pre-quarter-final Class A Under-60kg contest at Earlsfield.
Both boxers were happy to occupy the centre of the ring and trade blows, but it was Isaacs who forced his opponent back on the ropes with a series of body punches.
In the second round, Isaacs unleashed a barrage of hard left and right hooks to both head and body, and maintained his superiority through to the final bell.
The Lion boxer now faces Southern Counties champion Lee Miles from St Mary’s ABC, Chatham, in Sunday’s quarter-final at Harlow Greyhound Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
n Lion ABC’s national novices champion Zac Farrugia heads the bill at the club’s open show on Friday in Pitfield Street, Hoxton.
London Schools’ champion Krishan Singh is also in action, along with Billy Underwood, Frankie Arnold and Frankie Farmer.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
Boxing starts at 7.30pm, with tickets available at £10 (adults) and £5 (under-15s).
Haithem Laamouz will not be featuring as he is included in the London North East team to face Danish opposition in Copenhagen this weekend, alongside Lion coach Julian Borg.