London Tigers roar to Victoria Park Cricket Cup success
London Tigers 164-4 beat Tower Hamlets 139-7 by 25 runs
London Tigers clinched the Victoria Park Community Cricket League Cup last week thanks to a dramatic victory against Tower Hamlets.
Tigers won the toss and elected to bat first, with the highlight of their innings a 72-run second-wicket partnership from Tamim (50 retired) and Miron (28).
In the end, Tigers reached 164-4 from their 16 overs, setting up a tense second half to the match, as Soyfur Rahman (2-42) was the pick of the bowlers for Tower Hamlets.
In reply, Tower Hamlets started strongly, with Mehdi’s 64 leading the way.
You may also want to watch:
He was well supported by Mahbubul (38) but three run-outs in the space of two overs turned the momentum towards the Tigers.
Tower Hamlets stayed in touch until two wickets from Radfi (2-44) in his last over almost finished the team off.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
Mehdi later returned, but could not save the day as Hamlets were bowled out in the 13th over, leaving Tigers the clear winners by 25 runs.