London Tigers roar to Victoria Park Cricket Cup success
London Tigers 164-4 beat Tower Hamlets 139-7 by 25 runs
London Tigers clinched the Victoria Park Community Cricket League Cup last week thanks to a dramatic victory against Tower Hamlets.
Tigers won the toss and elected to bat first, with the highlight of their innings a 72-run second-wicket partnership from Tamim (50 retired) and Miron (28).
In the end, Tigers reached 164-4 from their 16 overs, setting up a tense second half to the match, as Soyfur Rahman (2-42) was the pick of the bowlers for Tower Hamlets.
In reply, Tower Hamlets started strongly, with Mehdi’s 64 leading the way.
You may also want to watch:
He was well supported by Mahbubul (38) but three run-outs in the space of two overs turned the momentum towards the Tigers.
Tower Hamlets stayed in touch until two wickets from Radfi (2-44) in his last over almost finished the team off.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
Mehdi later returned, but could not save the day as Hamlets were bowled out in the 13th over, leaving Tigers the clear winners by 25 runs.