London Tigers roar to Victoria Park Cricket Cup success
London Tigers 164-4 beat Tower Hamlets 139-7 by 25 runs
London Tigers clinched the Victoria Park Community Cricket League Cup last week thanks to a dramatic victory against Tower Hamlets.
Tigers won the toss and elected to bat first, with the highlight of their innings a 72-run second-wicket partnership from Tamim (50 retired) and Miron (28).
In the end, Tigers reached 164-4 from their 16 overs, setting up a tense second half to the match, as Soyfur Rahman (2-42) was the pick of the bowlers for Tower Hamlets.
In reply, Tower Hamlets started strongly, with Mehdi’s 64 leading the way.
You may also want to watch:
He was well supported by Mahbubul (38) but three run-outs in the space of two overs turned the momentum towards the Tigers.
Tower Hamlets stayed in touch until two wickets from Radfi (2-44) in his last over almost finished the team off.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
Mehdi later returned, but could not save the day as Hamlets were bowled out in the 13th over, leaving Tigers the clear winners by 25 runs.