Lucien Reid misses out on British Title with draw against Brad Foster
- Credit: Philip Sharkey/TGS Photo
Hackney super-bantamweight Lucien Reid came agonisingly close to being crowned British champion as he was held to a draw with holder Brad Foster.
One judge had Reid as the winner at 116-112 but the other two judges scored the fight at 114-114, leaving Reid without the title.
The rounds were closely fought but Reid used his counter punch effectively and moved well to trouble his opponent.
Both boxers received cuts above their left eye but the injuries were kept under control by their respective corners.
Reid had a good following inside York Hall and many felt that he was unlucky not to walk away with the British Title having fought well.
You may also want to watch:
A rematch is likely to be ordered by the British Boxing Board of Control to give Reid another shot at the title.
It was his tenth professional fight, having won eight and now drawn two of them.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 7 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 8 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park