Lucien Reid misses out on British Title with draw against Brad Foster
- Credit: Philip Sharkey/TGS Photo
Hackney super-bantamweight Lucien Reid came agonisingly close to being crowned British champion as he was held to a draw with holder Brad Foster.
One judge had Reid as the winner at 116-112 but the other two judges scored the fight at 114-114, leaving Reid without the title.
The rounds were closely fought but Reid used his counter punch effectively and moved well to trouble his opponent.
Both boxers received cuts above their left eye but the injuries were kept under control by their respective corners.
Reid had a good following inside York Hall and many felt that he was unlucky not to walk away with the British Title having fought well.
You may also want to watch:
A rematch is likely to be ordered by the British Boxing Board of Control to give Reid another shot at the title.
It was his tenth professional fight, having won eight and now drawn two of them.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation