Lucien Reid misses out on British Title with draw against Brad Foster
- Credit: Philip Sharkey/TGS Photo
Hackney super-bantamweight Lucien Reid came agonisingly close to being crowned British champion as he was held to a draw with holder Brad Foster.
One judge had Reid as the winner at 116-112 but the other two judges scored the fight at 114-114, leaving Reid without the title.
The rounds were closely fought but Reid used his counter punch effectively and moved well to trouble his opponent.
Both boxers received cuts above their left eye but the injuries were kept under control by their respective corners.
Reid had a good following inside York Hall and many felt that he was unlucky not to walk away with the British Title having fought well.
You may also want to watch:
A rematch is likely to be ordered by the British Boxing Board of Control to give Reid another shot at the title.
It was his tenth professional fight, having won eight and now drawn two of them.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service