Luxford treble sends Jay Cubed through in Dickie Davies Cup
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Jamie Luxford netted a hat-trick as Jay Cubed eased into the fourth round of the Dickie Davies Cup with a 4-1 thrashing of FC Polit.
Pat Barrett grabbed the other for Cubed, after Joseph Andrews had pulled a goal back for Polit in the second half.
Premier Division side Phoenix thumped Division Four minnows Leyton Orient Fan’s Trust 4-0, thanks to a double from Jamie Killingback and one apiece for Robert O’Brien and Tyrone Husbands.
Alistair Buffong’s single strike was enough to give Red Devils a narrow 1-0 win over Walthamstow Village, while extra-time strikes from Ben Jenkins and Charlie Wells helped Shakespeare overturn a two-goal deficit to beat RL United 4-2.
Niva-Unistream hammered FC Haggeston 5-1 with Maks Voloshin, I Melesko, K Tronciu, V Turyanskiyov and Y Ilkiv all finding the net for the victors, before Peter Moncur netted a consolation.
You may also want to watch:
Extra-time strikes from Duncan Coombes and Sean McLeod were enough to give Shoreditch Fire Penguins a 2-0 win over Boston Celtics.
Maynell FC edged into the semi-final of the Hackney & Leyton Junior Cup with a 2-1 win over Wojack Sunday thanks to goals from Johnny Fitzpatrick and Lee Brown, while Bradley Carter was on target for Wojack.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
A brace for Sam Jones and one from Sam Williams helped Division Four leaders Top Red earn a 3-2 win over Delta Athletic. Jay Knight and Daniel Colley found the net for Delta.
Tottenham Phoenix beat Albion 3-0 in the Premier Division thanks to goals from Kevin Wakeling, Jerome Anglin and Messiah Odinma.
Division One leaders Dynamics FC remain one point clear at the top, despite suffering a 5-2 loss at the hands of Wounded Knee, after Russell Hughes hit a hat-trick and John Bray grabbed two, while Edward Abrow scored both for the losing side.
Two from Mark Amodio and one apiece for Fred Russell and John Sunyer gave Bristow City a thrilling 4-3 win over Azzuri 1 in Division Two.
Table-toppers City Fliers edged out Stratford Athletic 2-1 in Division Three following goals from Aaron Chandler and Andy Shaw, while Daryl Kirby replied for Stratford.
Birbeck Orient remain in second place after a 1-1 draw with Wenlock Arms, while FC Duchess won 3-1 against Regent’s Park Rovers thanks to goals from Curtis Pond, Warren Pond and Scott Pond.
And Temi Akamo gave Woodford Rovers the lead against Bocca Albion, before Sam Norris’ strike earned a 1-1 draw for his side.
Jamie Gardner’s brace helped Eastway Olympia to a 3-2 win over Bow Badgers in Division Four, with Jason Gardner also getting on the scoresheet for the victors before Jack Evans and Chris Hannaway replied.
Prince of Bow thrashed Leyton Manor 9-2 thanks to five from Alfie Andrews, two from J Cutts and one each for A Vega and J Bland.