Man City full back Wayne Bridge yet to have West Ham medical
Full back is however expected to sign
Manchester City full back Wayne Bridge is yet to have a medical at West Ham.
The former England international was in the Upton Park crowd last night to witness the Hammers’ 2-1 Carling Cup semi-final first leg victory over Birmingham City.
City boss Roberto Mancini had said yesterday the medical had already been completed, but it is in fact expected to take place today.
A source at the club said: “Contrary to what has been reported in the media, Wayne Bridge is yet to have a West Ham medical. This does not mean to say things are not going to plan, because they are.”
West Ham are hopeful of completing the deal in time for Bridge to play against Arsenal in their Premier League clash at Upton Park this Saturday, with Bridge London at least until the end of the season.
- 1 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 4 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 5 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend