Man City full back Wayne Bridge yet to have West Ham medical
Full back is however expected to sign
Manchester City full back Wayne Bridge is yet to have a medical at West Ham.
The former England international was in the Upton Park crowd last night to witness the Hammers’ 2-1 Carling Cup semi-final first leg victory over Birmingham City.
City boss Roberto Mancini had said yesterday the medical had already been completed, but it is in fact expected to take place today.
A source at the club said: “Contrary to what has been reported in the media, Wayne Bridge is yet to have a West Ham medical. This does not mean to say things are not going to plan, because they are.”
You may also want to watch:
West Ham are hopeful of completing the deal in time for Bridge to play against Arsenal in their Premier League clash at Upton Park this Saturday, with Bridge London at least until the end of the season.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill