Man City full back Wayne Bridge yet to have West Ham medical
Full back is however expected to sign
Manchester City full back Wayne Bridge is yet to have a medical at West Ham.
The former England international was in the Upton Park crowd last night to witness the Hammers’ 2-1 Carling Cup semi-final first leg victory over Birmingham City.
City boss Roberto Mancini had said yesterday the medical had already been completed, but it is in fact expected to take place today.
A source at the club said: “Contrary to what has been reported in the media, Wayne Bridge is yet to have a West Ham medical. This does not mean to say things are not going to plan, because they are.”
You may also want to watch:
West Ham are hopeful of completing the deal in time for Bridge to play against Arsenal in their Premier League clash at Upton Park this Saturday, with Bridge London at least until the end of the season.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week