Man City full back Wayne Bridge yet to have West Ham medical
Full back is however expected to sign
Manchester City full back Wayne Bridge is yet to have a medical at West Ham.
The former England international was in the Upton Park crowd last night to witness the Hammers’ 2-1 Carling Cup semi-final first leg victory over Birmingham City.
City boss Roberto Mancini had said yesterday the medical had already been completed, but it is in fact expected to take place today.
A source at the club said: “Contrary to what has been reported in the media, Wayne Bridge is yet to have a West Ham medical. This does not mean to say things are not going to plan, because they are.”
You may also want to watch:
West Ham are hopeful of completing the deal in time for Bridge to play against Arsenal in their Premier League clash at Upton Park this Saturday, with Bridge London at least until the end of the season.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting