Maxwell booked for action in Belfast
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-born super lightweight Sam Maxwell returns to action next month when he competes on a Frank Warren bill in Belfast.
The 29-year-old is scheduled to appear on the undercard of Carl Frampton’s WBO interim featherweight title defence against Luke Jackson at Windsor Park on August 18.
Maxwell’s opponent is still to be confirmed, but the super lightweight will hope to maintain his perfect record in the pro ranks next month.
The 29-year-old was last in action in June when he beat Kane Baker on points at the Manchester Arena, taking Maxwell’s record to eight wins from eight bouts.
Maxwell also enjoyed an outstanding amateur career having won two National Elite titles at light welterweight, as well as a Commonwealth Games bronze medal in 2014.
Also scheduled for action in Belfast next month are Paddy Barnes, who face WBC world flyweight champion Cristofer Rosales of Nicaragua, and former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney