Maxwell booked for action in Belfast
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-born super lightweight Sam Maxwell returns to action next month when he competes on a Frank Warren bill in Belfast.
The 29-year-old is scheduled to appear on the undercard of Carl Frampton’s WBO interim featherweight title defence against Luke Jackson at Windsor Park on August 18.
Maxwell’s opponent is still to be confirmed, but the super lightweight will hope to maintain his perfect record in the pro ranks next month.
The 29-year-old was last in action in June when he beat Kane Baker on points at the Manchester Arena, taking Maxwell’s record to eight wins from eight bouts.
You may also want to watch:
Maxwell also enjoyed an outstanding amateur career having won two National Elite titles at light welterweight, as well as a Commonwealth Games bronze medal in 2014.
Also scheduled for action in Belfast next month are Paddy Barnes, who face WBC world flyweight champion Cristofer Rosales of Nicaragua, and former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school