Maxwell booked for action in Belfast
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-born super lightweight Sam Maxwell returns to action next month when he competes on a Frank Warren bill in Belfast.
The 29-year-old is scheduled to appear on the undercard of Carl Frampton’s WBO interim featherweight title defence against Luke Jackson at Windsor Park on August 18.
Maxwell’s opponent is still to be confirmed, but the super lightweight will hope to maintain his perfect record in the pro ranks next month.
The 29-year-old was last in action in June when he beat Kane Baker on points at the Manchester Arena, taking Maxwell’s record to eight wins from eight bouts.
You may also want to watch:
Maxwell also enjoyed an outstanding amateur career having won two National Elite titles at light welterweight, as well as a Commonwealth Games bronze medal in 2014.
Also scheduled for action in Belfast next month are Paddy Barnes, who face WBC world flyweight champion Cristofer Rosales of Nicaragua, and former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week