Maxwell booked for action in Belfast
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Hackney-born super lightweight Sam Maxwell returns to action next month when he competes on a Frank Warren bill in Belfast.
The 29-year-old is scheduled to appear on the undercard of Carl Frampton’s WBO interim featherweight title defence against Luke Jackson at Windsor Park on August 18.
Maxwell’s opponent is still to be confirmed, but the super lightweight will hope to maintain his perfect record in the pro ranks next month.
The 29-year-old was last in action in June when he beat Kane Baker on points at the Manchester Arena, taking Maxwell’s record to eight wins from eight bouts.
You may also want to watch:
Maxwell also enjoyed an outstanding amateur career having won two National Elite titles at light welterweight, as well as a Commonwealth Games bronze medal in 2014.
Also scheduled for action in Belfast next month are Paddy Barnes, who face WBC world flyweight champion Cristofer Rosales of Nicaragua, and former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding