Hollman named in Young Lions squad
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Teenager in squad alongside some of country’s brightest talents
Middlesex youngster Luke Hollman has been named in the England Young Lions squad for two training camps over the winter.
The 18-strong squad will take part in a training camp in the UK, before flying out for another training camp in the Indian city of Bangalore.
Hollman has been named in the squad alongside some of the country’s other brightest talents.
“It’s a high potential group of players and I am excited by the prospect of them working with this set of staff and the challenging conditions that India will present,” said head coach Jon Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it’s one of the best parts of the job, being able to provide an experience that adds value on top of what the players normally receive at their counties.
“I reminded this squad that it wasn’t that long ago at all that (England Test stars) Sam Curran and Ollie Pope were sat in the same seats as them.”
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
It looks set to be a busy winter for Hollman.