Mile End fight back to draw eight-goal thriller against FC Krystal

Action from the 4-4 draw between FC Krystal (blue/white) and Mile End in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday

Action from the 4-4 draw between FC Krystal (blue/white) and Mile End in the Hackney & Leyton Sunday League Premier Division. Pic: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo - Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo

Mile End’s dramatic late comeback clinched a share of the spoils as they recovered a three-goal deficit to draw 4-4 with FC Krystal in the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division.

A flurry of goals from Attila Varga, Bogdan Hevchuk, Igor Meleshico and Maxim Voloshin put Krystal 4-1 up and apparently on course for victory with 15 minutes remaining.

But Mile End refused to lie down and fought back to snatch a point, with Ricky Edwards scoring twice and Charlie Heatley and Rass Rashid their other scorers.

Constantin Troicu netted a double for FC Niva, with Oleg Yurkevich also on the mark as they beat London United 3-0.

There was a flood of goals in Division One, with Higor Souza scoring a hat-trick for Brazilian Boys in their 8-0 rout of FC Stepney. Matheus Eduardo hit two, with William Rocha, Diego Bitencourt, Hugo Leonardo all adding their names to the scoresheet.

You may also want to watch:

Billy Key notched a treble for Bristow City, while Derick Minney, Leo Danson, John Sunter and Jordan Smith were also on target as they swept aside Athletico Forest 7-0.

Jonny Tenici, Tommy Mayers and John Onyekwelu all registered doubles as Eagle won 7-2 against Birkbeck Orient, with Louis Higgins grabbing their seventh.

Most Read

Two goals from Huseyin Yilmaz helped Hacquenye to a 4-4 draw against Dynamics, while Krasi Kamboshev also scored twice as The Challengers beat Kentish Albion 3-1.

Ricky Price netted both goals as Boston Celtics overcame Jay Cubed 2-0 in Division Two, with Boroughs United also victorious as they beat Barry St Germain 3-0.

Zuhayr Amjad scored twice, with Tasneemulhaq Adia also on target as Walthamstow Red Star won 3-1 against Regent’s Park Rovers. Keith Murray hit the Rovers consolation.

Harry Smyth’s double, along with goals from Matthew Downing and Alfie Moss, secured a 4-2 victory for Wenlock Arms over Chelmo in Division Three, while South London Sharks fought out a 0-0 draw with Alchemists.

FC Manor edged out Waltham Forest United 5-4, while goals by Adam Laney and Graham Bates gave Gladstone Wanderers a 2-0 lead against Bocca Albion before Joe Lodge’s penalty and a wonder strike from Seb Burton ensured a draw.

Marco Ceccarelli’s hat-trick helped Boundary to a 4-1 win over Quinine in Division Four, with Jeremiah Roturier also on the scoresheet and Neil Harte replying.

Sanchez Daniel also recorded a treble for Bow Badgers, who beat CP2 4-0, while Bethune held off Denne FC to win 6-4.

Jay Knight and Nathan Millington netted two apiece, with Danyal Vela and Nyron Dyer also scoring to ensure that Delta Athletic edged past Eastside Allstars 6-5 in the Dickie Davies Cup.

Darryl Morson hit a hat-trick for Tommy Flynn’s as they hammered Caledonian Park 7-2 in the Jack Morgan Cup, with Dwane Worrell scoring twice and Toheeb Oloyede and Dwayne Marson one apiece.

Hacimac also advanced after winning their tie against Birkbeck Orient B 5-0 courtesy of a Corey Samuels brace, with Alex Brisbane, Aharon Tomlin and Nuktoll Saccoh also on the scoresheet.

Nathan Erskine recorded a treble for FC BKT, with Nick Jones and Malachi Brown also finding the net as they defeated Football Club 22 5-4 in the Hackney & Leyton Junior Cup.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter