Mixed news on the West Ham injury front
Upson back but Parker and Noble set to miss out
West Ham defender Matthew Upson returned to training today and should be fit to take on Manchester City this weekend.
The club captain missed Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at Chelsea through illness, but has recovered and is likely to partner Manuel da Costa in the centre of defence.
Danny Gabbidon is likely to be moved from the middle to left back with Wayne Bridge unable to play against his parent club.
Midfielder Jack Collison is starting for the reserves tonight in their game against Wolves and if he gets through the match unscathed a source at the club admitted there will be a ‘good chance’ he will play some part this Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
There is less good news on fellow midfielder Mark Noble who is still being assessed by the West Ham medical staff. The player was brought off at Chelsea after complaining of stomach trouble. He was not at the training ground today and is unlikely to feature this weekend.
Scott Parker is another unlikely to feature as manager Avram Grant seems reluctant to test his Achilles injury and will save him for the vital final three matches of the season against Blackburn, Wigan and Sunderland.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Junior Stanislas, who has not played since the 5-0 defeat at Newcastle in early January with a hernia, will be back in training soon and could feature before the end of the season.
For all the latest West ham news, views, interviews and analysis follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers