Mullins hits double as underdogs Eagle overcome South London Sharks in cup final
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Division Four side Eagle overcame the odds in emphatic style to lift the Hackney & Leyton Junior Cup as Carl Mullins starred in a 3-0 win over South London Sharks.
Man of the match Mullins scored twice, with Malaki Henry notching the other as the Division Three outfit had no answers.
Relegated Highfield hammered Mustard 5-0 in the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division, while Young London Meteors were awarded a win over Shakespeare.
Martin Keys scored a hat-trick as Hacimac beat Boroughs United 4-3 to move to within three points of safety in Division Two.
Dean Ellul was also on target, while David Frost, Jordan Lych and Kevin Pullinaj responded for Boroughs.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Barry are still in danger of relegation after they lost 7-2 to Delta Athletic. Danyal Veli and Albert Bawrice both scored trebles while Ricky Hennessy completed the rout, with Adam Davidson and Ben Montgomery scoring for Barry.
Champions Stepney remain the league’s only unbeaten team after they overcame Top Red 5-3 with goals from Larry Corrall, Darius Freeman, Nicky Maynard and two from Johnny Ashman.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
Meanwhile, Quinine drew 2-2 with BG United, with Neil Harte’s brace for the league’s bottom side cancelled out by two goals from Krasen Vasilev for BG.
Regent’s Park Rovers celebrated promotion from Division Three with a 3-1 win over Wojak Sunday. It was Sunday who took the lead through Nick Ashworth, but Rovers stormed back with goals from Stuart Taugart, Pat Paisley and Martin Pellummy.
Bocca beat Gladstone 2-1 with both goals coming from Jack Beard, while James Mathews scored for Wanderers.
In Division Four, Black Borough beat Bethune 8-2, with Charlie Akann’s four goals followed by braces from Jamie Gardner and David Dice. Alfie Simpson and Ricky Hanmore scored for Bethune.
Wenlock Arms moved one step closer to being crowned champions as they romped to a 9-0 triumph over Eastway Olympia. Alfie Moss scored a hat-trick while Harry Smyth went one better, scoring four.
Mohammed Handouni completed the scoring, while Birkbeck B drew 0-0 with Dynamo Gobbler.