Nine placings for Olympic Karate at championships
Hackney-based club going from strength to strength
Hackney-based Olympic Karate are going from strength to strength thanks to the club’s national squad, who compete in back-to-back championships around the UK.
On Sunday, the squad travelled from their Kings Hall Leisure Centre base to Ipswich for the EKKA Karate Championships.
Nine competitors took part with an impressive nine placings from third to first.
Head kumite coach Tyrone Jeffers 4th Dan Black Belt said: “Now open your ears and listen to me again, we mean business.”
You may also want to watch:
Several squad members have already booked their seats for the Olympic Games next year, with Jeffers featuring at the Martial Arts Show in June.
“This is big and I join the team as a competitor as I am currently the under-75kg champion for Seni Show 2011.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds