Niva-Unistream lose out to Mustard again in cup semi-final clash

Niva-Unistream (yellow) celebrate Greg Moorse's opening goal in the Dickie Davies Cup Semi-Final aga

Niva-Unistream (yellow) celebrate Greg Moorse's opening goal in the Dickie Davies Cup Semi-Final against Mustard. Pic: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO - Credit: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO

Niva-Unistream were left disappointed for the second week running, after they were edged out 3-2 by Mustard in the Dickie Davies Cup semi-finals.

Niva, who suffered defeat to the same opponents in the Jack Walpole Cup quarter-finals a week earlier, fell behind when Greg Moorse opened the scoring.

Oleg Paskukh equalised with a stunning strike into the top corner from 30 yards, but David Foullah restored Mustard’s lead.

Constantine Trouciu levelled once more for Niva, only for Moorse to score his second and seal Mustard’s place in the final.

In the remaining Jack Walpole Cup quarter-final, Division Three side Chapel United led Young London Meteors of the Premier Division at half-time thanks to a Joe Seabrook strike.

But Meteors’ Jimmy Krah equalised to send the game to extra-time, and two goals from Prince Amponsah then gave them a commanding advantage. Johny Fitzpatrick netted a late consolation for Chapel but Meteors prevailed 3-2.

In the Premier Division, FC Bartlett maintained their strong finish to the season with a 2-0 win over Mile End. Bartlett, who have games in hand, took the lead through Craig Hesky, and Temi Tope Abu-Oloto scored his eighth goal of the season to secure a comfortable victory.

Most Read

In Division One, Lions FC kept on the tail of leaders Krystal with a 6-1 demolition of Athletico Angels. Onisim Colelba, Grab Ion and Kevin Crethan all scored twice, with Daniel Grew replying for Angels.

Forest Athletic remain two points behind Lions, as Raphael Burnett scored late to secure a 3-2 win over relegated Newcresse.

The game looked destined for a draw after Bradley O’Donovan and Dwayne Sharron’s efforts were cancelled out by David Vaughan and Jide Olas strikes for Newcresse, but Burnett rifled in an 89th-minute winner for Forest.

Krystal remain four points clear at the top, however, after goals from Vaga Altila and Igor Masktahir gave them a 2-0 win over Hackney All Stars.

Wounded Knee surrendered a lead for the second successive game as they eventually succumbed 5-2 to Highfield. Ross Finbon and Joshua Ademula gave Knee a 2-0 lead, but Babs Samba reduced the deficit.

Tope Olateju then scored twice in the second half to give Highfield the lead, and David O’Mileyn and Michael Myers capped a stunning comeback.

Ten-man Riviera beat Heegan 3-0, with Antmir Karalunoah adding to Elton Devisal’s brace.

In Division Two, Sam Anjurin was the hat-trick hero as Haggerston edged out Delta Athletic 4-3. Tola Domeji, Danyal Veli and Michael Da Costa were all on target for Delta, but Peter Moncur added to Anjurin’s treble to decide the seven-goal thriller.

In Division Three, Stratford Athletic still harbour hopes of promotion after closing the gap on second-placed Boston Celtic to three points with a 5-0 win over Bocca Albion.

Stratford, who have two games in hand, were two goals to the good inside 15 minutes through a brace from James Falaise. Oliver Harry, Johnny Palm and Martin Goldsmith secured the rout in the second half.

Boroughs United beat Regent’s Park Rovers by the same scoreline, with two David Frost goals adding to efforts from Ovillon Placide, Denzle Reid and Adedayo Ayantuga.

Top Red beat Gladstone Wanderers 4-1 through two goals from Sam Velody and one apiece for Gabriel Morrison and Sam Jones.

In Division Four, the top-of-the-table clash between Renaissance and Dynamo Gobbler ended all square. Tom Cussan scored twice for Dynamo, but Darren Dice responded in kind for Renaissance as the game finished 2-2.

Wojack Sunday are still in the hunt for promotion after beating Bow Badgers 7-3. Danio Brown scored a hat-trick, and Dean Waite and Lee Hall supplemented Ian Bruce’s brace. William Samkah’s treble for Badgers proved to be in vain.

Woodford Rovers defeated Eastway Olympia 7-2, as Ky Lewis scored a hat-trick, while Bethune FC beat East London 5-2 and Birkbeck Orient B secured a 3-1 victory over Leyton Manor.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter