Nolan: Scott Parker loves West Ham and we need to keep him
With Chelsea and Spurs apparently out of the running, skipper hopeful midfielder will stay at the club
West Ham’s new captain Kevin Nolan has revealed how he desperately wants the next five weeks to go quickly – so the club can keep hold of Scott Parker.
Nolan, who was confirmed as the Hammers’ captain before Saturday’s 2-0 win against Real Zaragoza, told London24 that Parker was in fact happy at the club.
“I know that he is happy here and I know that he loves the club,” he said.
“Hopefully we will be able to keep him here on the basis of that.
You may also want to watch:
“We definitely want to keep hold of Scotty – it would be fantastic for us.
“Hopefully, from a selfish point of view, the next give weeks will fly by and we can get the wins under our belts and then we can have him here for the season.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 8 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
“If we can get that promotion, then I think Scotty will be wanting to stay.”