Nolan: Scott Parker loves West Ham and we need to keep him
With Chelsea and Spurs apparently out of the running, skipper hopeful midfielder will stay at the club
West Ham’s new captain Kevin Nolan has revealed how he desperately wants the next five weeks to go quickly – so the club can keep hold of Scott Parker.
Nolan, who was confirmed as the Hammers’ captain before Saturday’s 2-0 win against Real Zaragoza, told London24 that Parker was in fact happy at the club.
“I know that he is happy here and I know that he loves the club,” he said.
“Hopefully we will be able to keep him here on the basis of that.
You may also want to watch:
“We definitely want to keep hold of Scotty – it would be fantastic for us.
“Hopefully, from a selfish point of view, the next give weeks will fly by and we can get the wins under our belts and then we can have him here for the season.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
“If we can get that promotion, then I think Scotty will be wanting to stay.”