Nolan: Scott Parker loves West Ham and we need to keep him
With Chelsea and Spurs apparently out of the running, skipper hopeful midfielder will stay at the club
West Ham’s new captain Kevin Nolan has revealed how he desperately wants the next five weeks to go quickly – so the club can keep hold of Scott Parker.
Nolan, who was confirmed as the Hammers’ captain before Saturday’s 2-0 win against Real Zaragoza, told London24 that Parker was in fact happy at the club.
“I know that he is happy here and I know that he loves the club,” he said.
“Hopefully we will be able to keep him here on the basis of that.
“We definitely want to keep hold of Scotty – it would be fantastic for us.
“Hopefully, from a selfish point of view, the next give weeks will fly by and we can get the wins under our belts and then we can have him here for the season.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Politicians urged to rethink plans for £600m waste incinerator
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
“If we can get that promotion, then I think Scotty will be wanting to stay.”