Nolan: Scott Parker loves West Ham and we need to keep him
With Chelsea and Spurs apparently out of the running, skipper hopeful midfielder will stay at the club
West Ham’s new captain Kevin Nolan has revealed how he desperately wants the next five weeks to go quickly – so the club can keep hold of Scott Parker.
Nolan, who was confirmed as the Hammers’ captain before Saturday’s 2-0 win against Real Zaragoza, told London24 that Parker was in fact happy at the club.
“I know that he is happy here and I know that he loves the club,” he said.
“Hopefully we will be able to keep him here on the basis of that.
You may also want to watch:
“We definitely want to keep hold of Scotty – it would be fantastic for us.
“Hopefully, from a selfish point of view, the next give weeks will fly by and we can get the wins under our belts and then we can have him here for the season.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
“If we can get that promotion, then I think Scotty will be wanting to stay.”