Ochieng set to defend English light-middleweight title in September
Stoke Newington boxer to fight on Matchroom promotion at the Alexandra Palace
Stoke Newington’s Erick ‘The Eagle’ Ochieng will next defend his English light-middleweight title on Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom promotion on Saturday, September 8 at the Alexandra Palace in Wood Green.
Ochieng, who three weeks ago retained his English title with a points win against Newark’s A.A Lowe, hasn’t yet had an opponent named for the fight.
The Hackney boxer is managed and trained by Clapton’s Brian Lawrence, who has another of his boxers on the show in the form of cruiserweight Wadi Camacho.
Camacho has won both of his professional contests to date, and will look for win number three on June 20 when he boxes as a Matchroom prospect before the heavyweight Prizefighter tournament starts.
You may also want to watch:
Former Repton BC Darren Barker is expected to headline the September show, with the boxer’s last contest coming in October in Atlantic City, USA, when he challenged Argentina’s Sergio Martinez for his WBC world middleweight title.
Another Repton boxer set to appear on the show is Martin Ward, who will make his professional debut, while Islington’s unbeaten middleweight John Ryder is also on the bill.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Barker, Ward and Ryder are all managed and trained by Tony Sims at his gym in Hainault.