Davies one of a number of fighters set to enter Golden Contract Tournament
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hackney super-lightweight Ohara Davies has been entered into the Golden Contract Tournament at York Hall later this year.
The competition will take place on November 22 and will also feature Tyrone Mckenna, Zhankosh Turarov, Akeem Ennis-Brown, Mohamed Mimoune, Darren Surtees, Anthony Yigit and Logan Yoon.
The winner of each tournament will land a two-year, five-fight deal that guarantees six-figure purses for every fight along with global exposure.
Davies will go into the competiton as one of the favourites and has only lost two of his 21 fights so far - the defeats coming against Josh Taylor and Jack Catterall.
He won his last bout against Miguel Vazquez on a points decision and is also a former WBS Silver champion.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, former Lion Club boxer Justin Menzie beat Chavez Campbell in a middleweight contest on a Goodwin promotion at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space