Davies one of a number of fighters set to enter Golden Contract Tournament
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hackney super-lightweight Ohara Davies has been entered into the Golden Contract Tournament at York Hall later this year.
The competition will take place on November 22 and will also feature Tyrone Mckenna, Zhankosh Turarov, Akeem Ennis-Brown, Mohamed Mimoune, Darren Surtees, Anthony Yigit and Logan Yoon.
The winner of each tournament will land a two-year, five-fight deal that guarantees six-figure purses for every fight along with global exposure.
Davies will go into the competiton as one of the favourites and has only lost two of his 21 fights so far - the defeats coming against Josh Taylor and Jack Catterall.
He won his last bout against Miguel Vazquez on a points decision and is also a former WBS Silver champion.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, former Lion Club boxer Justin Menzie beat Chavez Campbell in a middleweight contest on a Goodwin promotion at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust