Davies one of a number of fighters set to enter Golden Contract Tournament
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hackney super-lightweight Ohara Davies has been entered into the Golden Contract Tournament at York Hall later this year.
The competition will take place on November 22 and will also feature Tyrone Mckenna, Zhankosh Turarov, Akeem Ennis-Brown, Mohamed Mimoune, Darren Surtees, Anthony Yigit and Logan Yoon.
The winner of each tournament will land a two-year, five-fight deal that guarantees six-figure purses for every fight along with global exposure.
Davies will go into the competiton as one of the favourites and has only lost two of his 21 fights so far - the defeats coming against Josh Taylor and Jack Catterall.
He won his last bout against Miguel Vazquez on a points decision and is also a former WBS Silver champion.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, former Lion Club boxer Justin Menzie beat Chavez Campbell in a middleweight contest on a Goodwin promotion at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed