Okolie to defend WBA strap against Miller
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Lawrence Okolie defends his WBA continental cruiserweight title against New York’s Shawn Miller on a Matchroom show at The O2 on Saturday.
British champion Okolie has already picked up a string of titles in ten unbeaten fights and sets his sights on a world championship bid this year.
The Stoke Newington bruiser adds appeal to the first big London bill of 2019 when Ted Cheeseman and Felix Cash make title bids and Craig Richards meets Jake Ball.
The show signals the start of a hectic month of boxing action, including four bills at York Hall where promoter Mick Helliet’s show on Saturday includes a Commonwealth super lightweight title bid for Phillip Bowes.
You may also want to watch:
There is a busy schedule in March too with promoter Frank Warren bringing boxing back to London’s Royal Albert Hall on March 8.
It looks set to be an exciting few months ahead for fight fans.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney