Okolie to defend WBA strap against Miller
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Hackney
Lawrence Okolie defends his WBA continental cruiserweight title against New York’s Shawn Miller on a Matchroom show at The O2 on Saturday.
British champion Okolie has already picked up a string of titles in ten unbeaten fights and sets his sights on a world championship bid this year.
The Stoke Newington bruiser adds appeal to the first big London bill of 2019 when Ted Cheeseman and Felix Cash make title bids and Craig Richards meets Jake Ball.
The show signals the start of a hectic month of boxing action, including four bills at York Hall where promoter Mick Helliet’s show on Saturday includes a Commonwealth super lightweight title bid for Phillip Bowes.
You may also want to watch:
There is a busy schedule in March too with promoter Frank Warren bringing boxing back to London’s Royal Albert Hall on March 8.
It looks set to be an exciting few months ahead for fight fans.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared