Orient duo Sotiriou and Kyprianou turn down international duty
Leyton Orient duo Hector Kyprianou and Ruel Sotiriou have turned down the chance to go away on international duty to remain available for selection this weekend.
The youngsters both headed off to represent Cyprus under-21s during the last international break and returned to find themselves out of the starting line-up after impressing in the games building up to that period.
Therefore both Sotiriou and Kyprianou are expected to make the trip to Barrow for Orient on Saturday as they bid to bounce back to winning ways in the league.
Director of football Martin Ling said: “I’m not sure if it has been said but Hector and Ruel have choose that they don’t want to play for the under-21s anymore as it costs them so much of their football.
“They won’t be going.”
You may also want to watch:
Forward Paul Smyth has however gone off on international duty with Northern Ireland.
“Paul Smyth has gone, which was a bit of a surprise not because of the ability of the player because of the lack of football that he has played, he has only played 45 minutes since the first day of the season.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
“They’ve got two difficult games, he has been in the first-team squad previously, and there are struggling with injuries. I can see it in some respects, although it is a bit disappointing.
“Paul will miss Barrow, but he’ll be back for us after the Ireland trip.”